[SOLVED] I need help to locate the 8 pin power connector of my power supply for the graphics card

May 23, 2020
Power Supply
My pc was built by some guy in the shop i bought it but the GPU came in later i installed it in just fine but I can only see the 6+2 pin power connector while my GPU
requires one 6 and one 8. I don't know how to find the 8 pin power connector.

Solution
Power Supply
My pc was built by some guy in the shop i bought it but the GPU came in later i installed it in just fine but I can only see the 6+2 pin power connector while my GPU
The 6+2 pin can be used as 6-pin or 8-pin. Just let the 2-pin hang loose near the GPU and connect the rest for the 6-pin..
Power Supply
The 6+2 pin can be used as 6-pin or 8-pin. Just let the 2-pin hang loose near the GPU and connect the rest for the 6-pin..

Solution
May 23, 2020
I need both 6 pin and 8 pin as the GPU has two slots one for the 6 pin which i have connected and one for the 8 pin... If i can find one more 8 pin or 6 pin one I will be fine

I need both 6 pin and 8 pin as the GPU has two slots one for the 6 pin which i have connected and one for the 8 pin... If i can find one more 8 pin or 6 pin one I will be fine
The power supply you listed comes with four 6+2 pin PCIe cables. I suggest you contact the computer builder if you don't have the cables that came with the unit. OCZ no longer exists as far as I know.

Last edited: