Question I need help with CPU compatibility list for my laptop's motherboard ?

Aug 23, 2023
I have a HP Pavilion dv6-1314tx laptop and the motherboard is Quanta 3628 with an Intel Core 2 Duo T6600. I wanna know what CPUs are compatible with this motherboard and laptop model?

Misgar

Respectable
Mar 2, 2023
This web page lists Intel Core2 Duo CPUs for Socket P and the T6600 is almost at the top of the performance range for that series.
https://www.cpu-world.com/benchmarks/Intel/Core_2_Duo_T6600_single.html

Are you trying to replace a dead CPU? If not, there seems little point in looking for anything faster. Only the T7500 is shown as fractionally quicker and I've no idea if the HP BIOS will accept different CPUs. I'd recommend contacting HP to see if they locked the BIOS to work with a restricted range of CPUs.

The T6600 was released in Q1 2009, so that probably makes your laptop design around 14 years old. It should be fine running Windows XP or Windows 7, but it will struggle with Windows 10. Alternatively you could install a Linux distro specifically designed to work on old hardware.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Aug 23, 2023
Asking the same question again will not give different answers.
I'm not really gonna change it blud, I asked this question because I couldn't find any info abt it while searching myself before. you really didn't had to pull out my other thread😂

Aug 23, 2023
This web page lists Intel Core2 Duo CPUs for Socket P and the T6600 is almost at the top of the performance range for that series.
https://www.cpu-world.com/benchmarks/Intel/Core_2_Duo_T6600_single.html

Are you trying to replace a dead CPU? If not, there seems little point in looking for anything faster. Only the T7500 is shown as fractionally quicker and I've no idea if the HP BIOS will accept different CPUs. I'd recommend contacting HP to see if they locked the BIOS to work with a restricted range of CPUs.

The T6600 was released in Q1 2009, so that probably makes your laptop design around 14 years old. It should be fine running Windows XP or Windows 7, but it will struggle with Windows 10. Alternatively you could install a Linux distro specifically designed to work on old hardware.
Thanks, I appreciate your help