[SOLVED] I need to upgrade my CPU and I need some assistance.

Oct 17, 2020
So I have a

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz
GPU: GTX 1080
Memory: 16 gb. 2400 mhz DDR4
Mother Board: Dell Alienware Aurora R5 Intel Motherboard S1151 1NYPT IPSKL-SC Main Board

I have had my pc for a while and I am in desperate need of an upgrade. I get like 70-100% CPU usage on Minecraft and same for my memory while getting 10% on my GPU. I need a new CPU and memory but my motherboard is old so I cant use certain CPU's. I would appreciate if I can get a list of upgrades for $300-$500 for CPU, GPU and Memory. I would appreciate the help.

Solution
Sorry I didn't mention but I get like 20fps on Minecraft and other games like Arma3 and Rust I can barely play.
Have you tried monitoring temperatures? If the temps are too high that can cause throttling and low frame rates.
A program like HWInfo or something can monitor these
If not, try updating drivers. Worth a shot
Oct 17, 2020
Honestly you probably need to upgrade the case and maybe psu too if they are non standard.

I honestly wouldn't worry about that in minecraft. You are getting more performance than anyone really needs for minecraft anyhow

Sorry I didn't mention but I get like 20fps on Minecraft and other games like Arma3 and Rust I can barely play.

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
Have you tried monitoring temperatures? If the temps are too high that can cause throttling and low frame rates.
A program like HWInfo or something can monitor these
If not, try updating drivers. Worth a shot

Solution