Question I think either my Monitor, GPU or PSU are dying. Help me figure it out

Arrakis09

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2013
Hey there.

I am encountering some weird issue for few days (maybe a week now), whereupon first PC launch of the day, my monitor led is blinking, and the screen itself slightly blinking as well while remaining black. It takes few restarts of the monitor to start working, but after that, if I just restart PC or turn it off for a short while, it's all good. But first launch of the day is always the same and always feels like gamble - "will it actually run?" - I have also tried unplugging DVI and plugging HDMI instead, reading on the internet that faulty DVI port might be an issue, but it's not the case as it's still happening with HDMI.

Now, after few days of this, I am starting to experience rare graphics driver failures (Nvidia) when playing World of Warcraft. I have just recently - before failure incident - updated them in case it might help with monitor issue, but it didn't.

In any other case, I would probably assume that my GPU is dying, but then again, there are other issues that trouble my PC for a long while. Issues such as PC not fully turning off after screen goes dark (originally I thought it has something to do with using ASUS GPU Tweak to turn off all unwanted services, but it happens even without doing that) and very rarely, keyboard and mouse not being activated along with the rest upon startup.

At this point I am very much unsure which of my hardware is a faulty element and requires fixing / replacement.

Please help me figure out what is the problem here.

My DxDiag: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/451538952554283011/608294376896069642/DxDiag.txt

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Try using another known working video cable between PC and monitor.

Try using another known working monitor or TV.

Try the above connections using the motherboard's video ports if available/supported - pull the GPU.

Try the GPU in another known working computer.

Key is to narrow down the problem source by elimination.

Arrakis09

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2013
Well, good news and bad news for me. Good news is, my GPU and PSU are probably totally fine. Bad news is, I need to buy a new monitor. Tested the one used as a TV - works as a charm. Tested mine by plugging it to TV cable, also blinking. And looks like with every startup the time needed to 'catch a breath' seems to be increasing. Oh my Iiyama, we had such good times together.

Thanks for the help Ralston. Cheers!