Question I think thanos messed with my laptop screen.

SaINt_

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2016
So I'm back again. I need everyone's help again. You're literally the nicest and smartest people I've run into.

The issue is my laptop has several tiny white dots in random locations on my screen at varying levels of brightness/sizes and there's about 7, more or less. Upon closer inspection there's 1 spot not of the 7 I can notice that resembles something like a chip in paint or like the protective coating on a window.

My laptop is about 3 yrs old and before this occasion I noticed about 3 black dots Of the same variety which I think have become the white dots I'm seeing today in a span of 5 months give or take. The weirdest part is these little thanos snap particles are there even when the laptop is turned off WITH the charger unplugged.

What am I even dealing with here? I've never seen this problem before.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance for any and all help given.

SaINt_

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2016
Pictures would help. Could be a bad screen or failing video card, depends on if the dots move around or not.
Really hard to get a picture. They're super small like, smaller than a a pen tip and they only get smaller from there. Even harder to get a picture of since they've went back to black/dark grey in color. Way harder to see.
It was a hot day yesterday which I think that made them start glowing like stars in a night sky. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the screen finally showing signs of being old. The dots don't move or anything. They just sit there even when the laptop is completely turned off.

Really hard to get a picture. They're super small like, smaller than a a pen tip and they only get smaller from there. Even harder to get a picture of since they've went back to black/dark grey in color. Way harder to see.
It was a hot day yesterday which I think that made them start glowing like stars in a night sky. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the screen finally showing signs of being old. The dots don't move or anything. They just sit there even when the laptop is completely turned off.

Did you make sure the screen was clean? You should not be able to see bad pixels if the screen is off unless there was physical damage and they were scraped or something.

SaINt_

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2016
Did you make sure the screen was clean? You should not be able to see bad pixels if the screen is off unless there was physical damage and they were scraped or something.
Yea. Cleaned the screen once over and it's definitely behind the glass or whatever the top layer is. They glow whiter the hotter the screen gets and get slightly bigger, but when it's cool they go back to black/dark gray and super small. I don't remember any damage happening to the screen and this changing with external temperature is a new development. It's super weird.