[SOLVED] I want to get the PS3/PS4/PS5 startup bios beep but on my pc

Feb 19, 2022
twitch.tv
I have a Dell OptiPlex 390MT, and I have the PS3 XMB WALLPAPER, the 2009/2013 slim OS startup sound, but I would also like to have the startup beep. IDK if i could code it using some method on the bios, but I do have another motherboard that i could practice flashing to do so. I also want to eventually get a working ps3 XMB Menu that is compatible with a wireless PS4 controller(or a wired Power A PS3 controller specifically), and using all of the original PS3 icons. I want to eventually build a pc in a PS3 slim case, which is why I want to figure out all of the software side stuff first. I already know its possible with those size constraints plus or minus a few modifications.

BTW I mean THIS PS3 slim: https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/assets/uploads/2013/01/futureshopps3160gb.png

Solution
Modifying a motherboard isn't going to be easy. You have to understand how BIOS/UEFI works and the laundry list of specifications because every hardware you can normally plug into the motherboard is going to expect you to do things that way. Though I suppose if you really want to start, you can look at something like coreboot. Also would highly recommend learning about system software, because it's an entirely different animal than applications you make for an OS.

But if you want just the beep, you need a motherboard that supports a PC speaker, which most do on the header where you plug in the front-panel jumpers.
Modifying a motherboard isn't going to be easy. You have to understand how BIOS/UEFI works and the laundry list of specifications because every hardware you can normally plug into the motherboard is going to expect you to do things that way. Though I suppose if you really want to start, you can look at something like coreboot. Also would highly recommend learning about system software, because it's an entirely different animal than applications you make for an OS.

But if you want just the beep, you need a motherboard that supports a PC speaker, which most do on the header where you plug in the front-panel jumpers.

Reactions: PowPowp
Solution