mranimo

Reputable
May 4, 2019
I have an FX-8350 cpu with a TX3 EVO cooler. I want to upgrade it. The MA410M TUF would be an improvement for my temps? I have an MSI 970 gaming motherboard. It would fit in it? And do I have to replace the pre-installed backplate on the motherboard for the cooler to fit?

Solution
I have a Cooler master H500 pc case with five installed fans so the temps inside the case are low. The Ma410m is only 20$ now in my country and the aio water coolers way more expensive here. The biggest question for me is that do I have to replace the motherboards own cpu backplate to the new one I would get with the cooler?

I would say yes most likely, but it isn't a crazy hard thing to do so you should be a-okay! Plus $20 is really good :D

GeForce1012

Honorable
Sep 14, 2014
Hey mranimo,

Depending on the temps you are getting within the case, then yes you would see an improvement. However, have you considered a AIO water cooler instead? Considering you can get one close to the same price point.

The only reason I say that is if your case has internal high temps, it can effect the effectiveness of the fan cooling being done, whilst an AIO will displace the heat to an area not so dead centre in the case allowing for a lot better temps.

Hope that helps!

mranimo

Reputable
May 4, 2019
Hey mranimo,

Depending on the temps you are getting within the case, then yes you would see an improvement. However, have you considered a AIO water cooler instead? Considering you can get one close to the same price point.

The only reason I say that is if your case has internal high temps, it can effect the effectiveness of the fan cooling being done, whilst an AIO will displace the heat to an area not so dead centre in the case allowing for a lot better temps.

Hope that helps!
I have a Cooler master H500 pc case with five installed fans so the temps inside the case are low. The Ma410m is only 20$ now in my country and the aio water coolers way more expensive here. The biggest question for me is that do I have to replace the motherboards own cpu backplate to the new one I would get with the cooler?

GeForce1012

Honorable
Sep 14, 2014

I would say yes most likely, but it isn't a crazy hard thing to do so you should be a-okay! Plus $20 is really good :D

Solution