Question I was playing rainbow six siege and my pc froze

Aug 31, 2019
stick with 1 thread
I was playing rainbow six siege for 2 hours and then purple and green squares appeared and my screen audio started glitching and i turned my pc off. I think it's a problem with my gpu overheating. Could it be? Also my game is not running very good because my gpu is not powerful enough.
Nvidia GT 740 1gb GDDR5
AMD Ryzen 3 1200
Geil 8gb
Asus a320m-k
Thermaltake Smart Rgb 500w
Every part other then gpu and hdd is new.
This was happening to me before i bought new parts when i was playing more demanding games. I thing it's gpu overheating. What do you say?

Try see if you can find a program that is able to log the gpu temperature while you gaming.

If temperature doesn't seem to be the problem, you can try to uninstall the graphic driver and install an older version, just to see if that may help.

Aug 31, 2019
Try see if you can find a program that is able to log the gpu temperature while you gaming.

If temperature doesn't seem to be the problem, you can try to uninstall the graphic driver and install an older version, just to see if that may help.
I stress tested gpu and temp are fine max is 52c. Maybe it happend because my drivers weren't updated. I didn't use my pc for a while and it had gpu driver updates and i just updated them. I'll see if it happens again when i'm playing. And i'm going to leave my pc running in idle just to see if it's not something random. If someone has something else to say please.

Aug 31, 2019
Few days ago i was playing rainbow six siege and after 2 hours green and purple squares(artifacts) appeared on my pc and everything froze and sound was loud and glitchy. I restared my pc and thought my gpu can't handle r6 siege and i stopped playing it. And it happened again when i was watching youtube for few hours but no artifacts like previously maybe because i installed new drivers. I thought it was temperatures but they are fine 52c. Now i tried reinstalling older gpu drivers and i downloaded version 401. and when i was installing it my pc just rebooted i didn't know what is it and when i opened driver installer again it tried installing and said it couldn't install does drivers. Now i somehow have drivers version 388. from 2017. I'm going to use my pc with does drivers and see if i get this problem again. Backstory i bought new parts for my pc(CPU, Motherboard, RAM, PSU) and my pc was restarting for no reason and i found out it was my resart button, it was broken and i fixed it. Then this problem happened. This problem started happening to me 2 years ago but rarely(twice a year) only when i play demanding games. Can you please help me what can i do if older drivers don't work.
Ryzen 3 1200
Nvidia GT 740 1gb GDDR5
Geil 8gb
Asus A320M-K
Thermaltake Smart Rgb 500w
SSD
HDD
I don't think it's something else then GPU.
PS. My gpu is 4 years old so that could be a problem.