ssmoorex

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
I just got an i5 10600k, chose the k version to boost it a little as it looked promising in a lot of benchmarks I looked at for gaming keeping up with the i9, etc. I'm using an ASrock extreme z490, 3200 Corsair vengeance rgb RAM with a 650-watt PSU. I have tried almost every combination of settings I can think of. At first, I tried a 5.0 GHz overclock with a 1.34V vCore and left the motherboard to its own devices for LLC control (auto) like the tom's guide said. This is an example of another one I tried.

• 49x All-core ratio
  • 47x Cache Ratio
  • Vcore 1.365 (fixed mode)
  • VCCIO 1.20v
  • VCCSA 1.20v
I keep getting BSOD under load with any setting I try such as these three: PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA, driver_irql_not_less_or_equal, and system service exception. If I don't fix it I will be sending it back, the whole reason I decided to get a K version. CPUID is showing no code name, brand ID, core voltage, and saying the multiplayer is 170x. Max stock speed is 4.5ghz under load Thanks

Last edited:
Solution
This doesn't look normal to me. Its now showing a Name, Code Name, Brand ID, Package, core voltage, multiplier as x171 and a bus speed of 23.98mhz. This is just out of the box, it's only running with a max stock speed of 4.5ghz under load when intel advertise as 4.8? Just out of curiosity I tried to oc but just the same results and a BSOD
4.5 is the all core turbo speed, 4.8 is for a single core load turbo speed.

ssmoorex

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
This doesn't look normal to me. Its now showing a Name, Code Name, Brand ID, Package, core voltage, multiplier as x171 and a bus speed of 23.98mhz. This is just out of the box, it's only running with a max stock speed of 4.5ghz under load when intel advertise as 4.8? Just out of curiosity I tried to oc but just the same results and a BSOD

Reactions: Gaming7Ray

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
4.5 is the all core turbo speed, 4.8 is for a single core load turbo speed.

Reactions: Gaming7Ray
Solution