Nov 5, 2019
Hello everyone i have huge problem that im bothering for a few days.
It all started when I first installed battlefield 5. From the first time i have fps problems cant get more than 60+ fps on ultra. Changing video settings to low gives me even less performance around 35-45 fps. Check many different setting so i think settings is not a main problem here.
Important : My friend have the same cpu as me with lower timings and his pc is pretty similar overall and he runs bf5 smooth on ultra with 70 fps + on bigger resolution. That's why i know theres something wrong couse he can easily play.

Here's my specs and other info

CPU : i5 7600k ( overclocked atm 4.8 Ghz 1.4V) - tested 5ghz same result at the game (cpu usage 100% and fps lags)
Graphic card : asus rog strix 1070 (stock)
RAM : G.SKILL AEGIS 16GB (2X8GB) DDR4 3000MHZ CL16 (dual channel)
Motherboard : Gigabyte z270 k3 gaming
Windows 10 v 1903
Cooler : Dark rock 3
power supply : some 600W be quiet

I was thinking about power supply for cpu or something in windows which blocking my cpu performence hard.
For additional questions I'm here to help.

Nov 5, 2019
Can't really tell you how much couse as you know cpu jumps alot with usage in idle but i guess around 20-40 %.
I can tell u more precise when i back home.

Nov 5, 2019
I'll try to reinstall BF5 couse i don't know what else could help. If noone got any idea what can i check more I'll reinstall windows and hope this one help fix this.

Let's see what the suspect 7600K's CPU-Z/bench single/multi-thread scores are? (My own 7700K at 4.7 GHz scores 554/2729 by comparison) (note the listed RAM speed in CPU-Z as well)

(I'd look at HWmonitor just to confirm what 4.8 GHz clock speeds maintained during the test, and, note the temps...)

Is BF5 played in Direct X 11 or 12 mode for systems being compared?

Perhaps some Windows update might have botched something/sapped performance; are you able to roll back/restore to a point several days earlier to compare? (WInver should probably reflect at least 1909, no sense wasting a lot of time troubleshooting issues with an older version, as different updates can affect different versions/drivers differently...)

RPG WOLF

Reputable
Sep 7, 2016
Again with the old threads... I should start looking at the last posted date before I post as well.

I happened to find this thread because I have a similar issue. My specs are i5-7600k, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz ram, gtx1080ti.

In game I get 70-85 for at first but then drop to the 40s. I've tried custom cfgs, I've upper the resolution scale and habe my settings on ultra,

When checking task manager im at 100% cpu, and my GPU hovers at 10%.

I understand if you say that 4C4T is not enough, but a 6600 is set as the minimum spec requirement by dice. If my cpu is better and the game is near to unplayable, there's a problem. Additionally, how come people with much better cpus like even the i9 face the same issue? Doesn't add up.

Is there anything else that I could try? Maybe OCing to 4.5ghz?