Snodfather

Honorable
Mar 24, 2014
So basically, i ordered some new ram and when i swapped the ram, i also decided to apply new thermal paste (Arctic MX-4) to my cpu, i have the Corsair GTX h110i water cooler with the pre applied paste and never changed it for about 2 years so decided i might aswell clean and add new paste. Since, my cpu temps have been alot higher and was getting 80-95°C on star wars battlefront 2, i have since changed the thermal paste 3 times using different methods (Pea, Cross) and nothing changed. I then went on ICUE and changed the performance of both the pump and fan from quiet to extreme, now i am getting around 65-75°C with idle temps of 35-40°C, does anyone think there is still a problem to worry about and is it safe to keep the performance of the water cooler on extreme ?

all my bios settings are changed to default now as well, all on auto and dont know whether to leave XMP disabled or not.

my build is:
Asus z170-Deluxe
I7-6700k
Corsair GTX H110i
2x8GB Corsair Vengeance pro
Asus Strix 1070
Evga Supernova G2 850
Samsung 850 pro 250GB
Seagate Barracuda 1TB
6 case fans.

Something somewhere is not making a proper contact.... It usually is the heat-sink on top of the cpu or sometimes the lid on the cpu itself...Something happened for you to get those temps, Is the CPU even OC-ed?
With what program you measure the temps, did you try measuring it with different program (Cpu-Z, Core Temp etc...).

Snodfather

Honorable
Mar 24, 2014
Something somewhere is not making a proper contact.... It usually is the heat-sink on top of the cpu or sometimes the lid on the cpu itself...Something happened for you to get those temps, Is the CPU even OC-ed?
With what program you measure the temps, did you try measuring it with different program (Cpu-Z, Core Temp etc...).
Cpu is not manually overclocked, its a 4Ghz cpu which goes up to 4.2 with turbo boost on (never changed any cpu settings in bios apart from setting whole bios to default yesterday) i use CPUID HWMonitor to check the temps, as for the heat-sink ive made sure its firmly down as i put the thumb screws on to hold it in place and then tightened after. i was considering buying a new cpu cooler last night.
Also just a note, i dont know if it will make a huge difference but in the UK the weather is somewhat decent at the minute around 25°C with no air con in the room.