Question I'm looking for a budget CPU to pair with an RX 6600 ?

FamilyFriendly101

Reputable
Nov 5, 2019
I just recently bought an RX 6600 and I can clearly see that there is a HUGE bottleneck between the gpu and my current i3-6098p cpu. I knew there would have been a big bottleneck but not to the point where I can't even get 144 fps on league of legends with max settings, or in Dishonored 2 I can't even get 60 fps on medium settings. I am lookin for a budget upgrade for the CPU , something that enables the rx 6600 to perform at its fullest and only that , I dont plan on upgrading my gpu further , also I would like some budget recommendations on motherboards as well .

Lutfij

Titan
What is the make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for your current motherboard? The term budget is a relative term, you might want to stipulate the funds you have at your disposal, where you're located and a preferred site for purchase to help us narrow down viable options that are worthwhile suggestions.

I can clearly see that there is a HUGE bottleneck between the gpu and my current i3-6098p cpu.
I am lookin for a budget upgrade for the CPU
You have Skylake cpu there.
So max you can upgrade to is i7-6700/K
or i7-7700/K (with appropriate BIOS level).
You'll have to get them used.

also I would like some budget recommendations on motherboards as well .
If you're willing to change entire platform (cpu, motherboard, ram), then you should specify your budget first.