Zaiboo

Reputable
May 16, 2017
I have been editing for quite a long time now i suppose but im getting a problem when i switched to my new laptop... Im getting freezes while rendering im not really sure why because i have never ever ever got those problems it just freezes at random percentage right now at 81% but i have tried every possible solution to turn off the GPU ACCELERATION and some things where u press shift and preferences to turn of multi core... I did everything i could but still the problem persists if someone knows or can help me out please do because truly this is getting out of hand for me :)

my specs (laptop):
16gb ddr4
ryzen 7 4800H
gtx 1650ti
SSD 512gb

Solution
Did the problems begin after downloading "another game"? A game that filled another 88 GB of the drive....

Overall, I prefer to limit any given drive to 70-80% of capacity. That is just my preference and there are certainly other preferences with which I will have no argument per se.

Reliability History and Event Viewer are useful if you can identify errors that you can specifically match to the freezes and/or the SSD.

You cannot (and should not) de-fragment a SSD.

However, after ensuring a full backup, consider cleaning up the drive to free up more space.

If rendering is again successful at 60 fps then the issue may well be related to drive space.

Is it viable to simply uninstall that new game and determine if the editing...

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model laptop?

What version of VEGAS?

https://www.moviestudiozen.com/foru...-18-freezes-during-render-after-latest-update

=====

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor (use both but only one at a time) to observe system performance before and during rendering activities.

Discover what laptop resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using any given resource.

You can also look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even information events that correspond with the freezings.

How full ( % ) is that 512 GB SSD?

Zaiboo

Reputable
May 16, 2017
Make and model laptop?

What version of VEGAS?

https://www.moviestudiozen.com/foru...-18-freezes-during-render-after-latest-update

=====

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor (use both but only one at a time) to observe system performance before and during rendering activities.

Discover what laptop resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using any given resource.

You can also look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even information events that correspond with the freezings.

How full ( % ) is that 512 GB SSD?

So the things i have found out about the vegas....

the SSD has 82gbs free space now (had 170gbs before i downloaded another game but didnt change anything)
Laptop model is ASUS TUF A15
When i changed my render options from Interned HD NVENC 1080p60fps to Internet HD NVENC 1080p50fps it rendered out easily
My CPU is getting used around 45% when i looked in performance tab and my TASK MANAGER on performance tab are not maxed out or anything

For you to procced helping me shall i provide the reliability history and event viewer?

THE FREEZE OCCURED IN VEGAS PRO 15 I MOVED TO 18 BUT IT PERSISTED

Ralston18

Titan
Did the problems begin after downloading "another game"? A game that filled another 88 GB of the drive....

Overall, I prefer to limit any given drive to 70-80% of capacity. That is just my preference and there are certainly other preferences with which I will have no argument per se.

Reliability History and Event Viewer are useful if you can identify errors that you can specifically match to the freezes and/or the SSD.

You cannot (and should not) de-fragment a SSD.

However, after ensuring a full backup, consider cleaning up the drive to free up more space.

If rendering is again successful at 60 fps then the issue may well be related to drive space.

Is it viable to simply uninstall that new game and determine if the editing issues stop?

Solution