Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2022
I just built a new gaming PC, and I've been having issues with getting any OS to run. I have an HDD with Windows 10 installed and it works just fine on my old system, but when I run it in the new system, it keeps spitting out the "Inaccessible Boot Device" error.

I also have 3 M. 2 drives (2280), with one of them having Windows 10,but all three devices, cannot be seen in BIOS.

Here are my system specs:

Asus ROG Strix Z690F
i7 12700 12 - Core
Corsair Vengeance 288 pin DDR5 16GB x2
Samsung 980 M.2 2280 1TB x2

Colif

Win 11 Master
I just built a new gaming PC, and I've been having issues with getting any OS to run. I have an HDD with Windows 10 installed and it works just fine on my old system, but when I run it in the new system, it keeps spitting out the "Inaccessible Boot Device" error.
normally if you swap to a new PC you need to reinstall windows.
If you try to move an install, there are 3 possible reactions
  1. it works fine
  2. it works but there are strange bugs
  3. it doesn't work at all.

why use a hdd to boot if you have 3 m.2 drives?

I also have 3 M. 2 drives (2280), with one of them having Windows 10,but all three devices, cannot be seen in BIOS.
was the install from an old PC as well?
if so, was the hdd in that too? its possible the boot partition for the nvme is on the hdd?

do you want to boot from the 980?
You likely need to clean install, and I would only have the m.2 you want windows in PC at time, to reduce chances windows will put parts of itself on other drives.

Jun 13, 2022
I used a HDD to boot, because that's how I got the OS on the M.2 years back, and that's also why I didn't just do it on the M.2 to start, because BIOS and the Windows Boot Manager doesn't see any of the M.2s that I bought. Not the 2 new ones, nor the old one that ran my previous OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.