Jan 19, 2020
My LAN speed has been very inconsistent lately, sometimes the download speed is around 150mbps but a few seconds later it would drop to around 5mbps... Which makes online gaming almost impossible.
I have tried using a different ethernet cable directly from the wall into my PS4, but the same thing still happens. I'm not really sure what to do next, I really hope someone around here could help me.

Solution
My LAN speed has been very inconsistent lately, sometimes the download speed is around 150mbps but a few seconds later it would drop to around 5mbps... Which makes online gaming almost impossible.
I have tried using a different ethernet cable directly from the wall into my PS4, but the same thing still happens. I'm not really sure what to do next, I really hope someone around here could help me.
So you need to take off the wall plate and examine the wires in the wall. You need to do that for each end of that connection. A simple ethernet cable tester, like this -- https://www.amazon.com/Klein-VDV526-052-Scout-Junior-Tester/dp/B004CI9NRM can help with troubleshooting in-wall wiring.
As a test, you should run a long...

kanewolf

Titan
So you need to take off the wall plate and examine the wires in the wall. You need to do that for each end of that connection. A simple ethernet cable tester, like this -- https://www.amazon.com/Klein-VDV526-052-Scout-Junior-Tester/dp/B004CI9NRM can help with troubleshooting in-wall wiring.
As a test, you should run a long cable over the floor and bypass the in-wall wiring. See if the problem happens then.

Solution