[SOLVED] Installed indentical RAM and they don't work together

Oct 31, 2020
ratsneedlovetoo.kr
I have an ASUS Vivo Mini VC64R and I installed 2x8gb Hynix DDR3L 1600hz... Etc etc .. they will work alone.. I have a 4gb modules that also works but it's a slower speed according to CPU-Z.. please help 😁

Solution
When you mix RAM here are the possible outcomes.
  • You put the same brand and model RAM with the same speed and everything works fine. XMP works and no issues arise.
  • The system doesn't even boot.
  • The system boot but you have instability issues, crashes and XMP profile doesn't turn on and requires you to manually set everything.
Mixing RAM is a luck thing even if you buy the same brand, model and speed RAM. This is why people always buy the amount of RAM they want total as a 2 stick RAM Kit and you just remove the old RAM.

Juan_Bijero

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
If the sticks of RAM are not from the same lot, they will not work together. Period. You will need to purchase a matched set. If you are gaming, then you should purchase 2X8GB sticks. Your RAM must also be listed on the manufacturer's QVL (Qualified Vendor List).

When you mix RAM here are the possible outcomes.
  • You put the same brand and model RAM with the same speed and everything works fine. XMP works and no issues arise.
  • The system doesn't even boot.
  • The system boot but you have instability issues, crashes and XMP profile doesn't turn on and requires you to manually set everything.
Mixing RAM is a luck thing even if you buy the same brand, model and speed RAM. This is why people always buy the amount of RAM they want total as a 2 stick RAM Kit and you just remove the old RAM.

Solution