[SOLVED] Intel Bluetooth driver won't stay gone ?

Geong1

Honorable
Apr 8, 2015
Hello,

The Problem: I recent bought a Asus USB-BT500 to pair with my brand new Xbox 1 controller. I got everything hooked up, disabled, uninstalled (including drivers) intels (R) wireless Bluetooth(R), and got my controller hooked up. I started playing a game, and the controller disconnected, and then reconnected. It did this a few times and I went into trouble shooting mode. I've been here an hour on Google-foo with more questions than answers.

I noticed that intel had REASSERTED itself into my computer, even after I uninstalled it, turned off automatic driver installation (control panel, system and security, system, advanced system, hardware, device installations) and restarted the device.

I verified that power options is set to DISALLOW any and all "power saving" options, both on the device manager properties and in the power options, USB root, etc.

I verified that fast boot is both turned off in BIOS as well as by the cmd command powercfg -h off, followed by a complete shut down and reboot.

On a hunch, I checked windows for updates, updated my GPU software (5700xt AMD card), tried reinstalling the drivers from the ASUS bluetooth controller from their website, updated the controller's firmware on Xbox Accessories, and tried unplugged and plugging it back in (the ASUS USB Dongle). I also changed ports from 3.0 to 2.0 on the front panel. Swapped it to the Mobo panel 3.0, then 2.0, then 3.1, hoping to god one would fix it - it didn't.

I'm straight out of ideas, so any to diagnose the controller would be greatly helpful. I'll try any and all suggestions thrown my way other than "wipe it, image it agian, and start over" because I've already done that :)

More importantly, how to get intel's.. wonderful... bluetooth software from reinstating itself as the primary bluetooth driver would be more than fantastic, because everything I've tried has failed to keep it gone.

I appreciate any and all help anyone has to offer... Please... I just wanna play AC: Valhalla in peace.

Hardware:
Gaming 5 Aorus Board
Intel 8700k CPU (not OC)
16GB Ballistix Sport Ram
Sapphire 5700xt AMD GPU
USB-BT500 Bluetooth Dongle (brand new)
Xbox 1 controller (brand new)

Solution
Settings ->Blue tooth & Other Devices ->bottom of the page,...other devices - ASUS USB-BT500 and Intel (R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)
That may not mean it's still enabled. Just go back to Device Manager, right click on Intel Bluetooth and go to "Properties > Driver" to see if it's still disabled.

Geong1

Honorable
Apr 8, 2015
That may not mean it's still enabled. Just go back to Device Manager, right click on Intel Bluetooth and go to "Properties > Driver" to see if it's still disabled.

It was indeed disabled, when I checked.

Somehow the two Bluetooth devices I had kept interfering with each other, even when the built-in was disabled.

I did a little talking to some more of my tech buddies and they suggested I just give the built-in bluetooth of my Gaming5 a chance. So, I unplugged the USB one I'd bought and plugged in the antennae that the mobo provided.

Either the USB I bought was faulty, or my build just really doesn't like not using its built-in bluetooth, I don't know.

It's worked seamlessly, since I just started using the built-in. I guess moral of the story is: Don't attempt to fix a problem that doesn't yet exist.

Thanks for your help!

Reactions: rocktalkrock

TRENDING THREADS