Question Intel I219-V not working properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 5, 2020
Hello,as said in the title,i am getting troubles with the Intel I219-V chip on my Asus ROG z390-F Gaming Motherboard,i am connected to the internet through my isp box,wich is Orange LiveBox 4,i am in france,and the problem is that i get only a 100mb/s link,but with the previous motherboard i had,wich was a gigabyte ga-990x gaming sli,i had a full speed 1gb/s link,btw,i checked on my router/modem combo(the livebox 4),and i have a 954mb/s fiber-optic connexion,wich a coul obtain with the old motherboard,so,if anyone in here has any idea,i would be very pleased,thank you by advance,
Dylan Aka TheMysteriousWatch.
P.S. : i tried updating the bios,driver,and even used the drivers on the cd wich came with the board,but still at 100mb/s,and when i force it to 1gb/s full duplex,it connects for few seconds,then disconnect,re-connect for few seconds,and continues doing that.
have a good day or night,goodbye

kanewolf

Titan
Hello,as said in the title,i am getting troubles with the Intel I219-V chip on my Asus ROG z390-F Gaming Motherboard,i am connected to the internet through my isp box,wich is Orange LiveBox 4,i am in france,and the problem is that i get only a 100mb/s link,but with the previous motherboard i had,wich was a gigabyte ga-990x gaming sli,i had a full speed 1gb/s link,btw,i checked on my router/modem combo(the livebox 4),and i have a 954mb/s fiber-optic connexion,wich a coul obtain with the old motherboard,so,if anyone in here has any idea,i would be very pleased,thank you by advance,
Dylan Aka TheMysteriousWatch.
P.S. : i tried updating the bios,driver,and even used the drivers on the cd wich came with the board,but still at 100mb/s,and when i force it to 1gb/s full duplex,it connects for few seconds,then disconnect,re-connect for few seconds,and continues doing that.
have a good day or night,goodbye
The behavior you describe is typical of a cable problem. One (or more) of the 8 pins required for gigabit isn't making contact. A new 100% copper cable is the first debug action. Just because a cable works with one device is no guarantee that it works with another.
Do you have any in-wall wiring or is it a direct connection?

Feb 5, 2020
The behavior you describe is typical of a cable problem. One (or more) of the 8 pins required for gigabit isn't making contact. A new 100% copper cable is the first debug action. Just because a cable works with one device is no guarantee that it works with another.
Do you have any in-wall wiring or is it a direct connection?
Hello,sorry for my late response,thank you for replying to me,I will buy a stronger cat6 or 7 Ethernet cable as soon as possible,and I'll update this post whenever something changes,good night !

Status
Not open for further replies.