Question Intel vs AMD products pricing in INDIA!

JaSoN_cRuZe

Honorable
Mar 5, 2017
AMD products are generally overpriced in India when compared to their counterparts selling globally.

Example Ryzen 2600 sells for 150 dollars in the US market, here it sells for 240 dollars approximately o_O.

Whereas the Intel counterpart has decent pricing,

Example Intel 9400F sells for 160 dollars in the US market, here it sells for 175 dollars approximately (y).

The total value for money goes to trash because of this pricing, when Intel can do it why can't AMD?? :unsure:

Refer this link for the price list for the products in India: HARDWARE PRICE LIST IN RUPEES

Last edited:

Kamal007v

Honorable
Nov 15, 2014
Intel India's official website listed i7 8700K for 455 USD which includes GST so it's pretty much same for both AMD and Intel being priced higher than us market because of the tax. AFAIK AMD was always less expensive everywhere. This website is too good to be true. Even if it is, their policies are freaking me out. I had to put up with a lot of BS even with a big company like amazon India to get my parts shipped in time. They just shipped my psu tomorrow's the deadline.

Last edited:

JaSoN_cRuZe

Honorable
Mar 5, 2017
The 9400F has dropped to 11,600 rupees equivalent to 166 dollars even the store link dropped it to 11,800 rupees including GST.

I have purchased onsite. It's one of the best dealers of IT hardware in Chennai and can be trusted 100%.

It seems that the prices are set by the local dealers and AMD cannot interfere too much, whereas Intel has more cooperation with them.