Aug 20, 2024
As the title says, I'm inquiring about where I can find the internal SATA/HDD cable for my satellite pro L50-G-11H cause for the life of me I can't find it anywhere, nowhere online, not on ebay, not locally. it doesn't seem to exist anywhere, & it's driving me nuts cause now I can't even upgrade my storage which was one of the reasons I bought this laptop.

So, uh, anyone know where I could find this cable? cause at this point this is becoming hopeless.

USAFRet

Titan
As the title says, I'm inquiring about where I can find the internal SATA/HDD cable for my satellite pro L50-G-11H cause for the life of me I can't find it anywhere, nowhere online, not on ebay, not locally. it doesn't seem to exist anywhere, & it's driving me nuts cause now I can't even upgrade my storage which was one of the reasons I bought this laptop.

So, uh, anyone know where I could find this cable? cause at this point this is becoming hopeless.
Laptops generally don't have a 'cable'.
Rather, they have a port built in, to give both data and power to a SATA device.

OR, an NVMe port.

What is in it now?

Aug 20, 2024
Laptops generally don't have a 'cable'.
Rather, they have a port built in, to give both data and power to a SATA device.

OR, an NVMe port.

What is in it now?
So, there's this connector on the motherboard right next to the battery that you can connect a flex cable that hosts the SATA connection.

That, is missing.

(Image showcasing the specific connector on the motherboard, & how the flex cable would go & it's placement)

image.png

(Image taken from an apparent dynabook manual on how to remove the HDD that was already pre-installed on specific L50 models)
image.png

Aug 20, 2024
You bought this used?

Have you asked Toshiba?
-Yes, I did buy this used however from what I've found online it isn't a case of the seller taking out the SATA/HDD cable, it does genuinely seem like a lot of models just never shipped with it.

-I honestly haven't found a support email ANYWHERE so no, I have not.