[SOLVED] Internet disconnects on other devices when downloading on epic games launcher.

Jan 31, 2021
i have had this issue for a while now but i did not really try to fix it since i rarely downloaded anything from the epic games launcher, however recently i started to use it more and its getting annoying. Whenever i start a download on epic games, the internet stops working on all other devices that are connected, this used to happen when i downloaded files with torrent, but it stopped happening there itself (issue came back every now and then but went when i unplugged the ethernet cable and re plugged, however this doesn't work with the epic games launcher.) i tried allowing the launcher on firewall, the epic games website gave 2 different paths to use and even after doing that the issue remained. I even turned off firewall completely and that didn't work, i tried the ip config release. flush, renew commands and i did a full reset to my laptop. nothing seems to help.
I should also note that all the other devices that disconnect from internet are using a wireless connection, where as my laptop is using a wired connection.

Last edited:
Solution
hey, thanks for the reply, I am assuming that download throttling is the same thing so I set the limit at 1.5 MB (my average speed on everything else) and after a few minutes now the wifi connections are still working, im still confused on how this fixed it because the launcher was already downloading at a slower speed.
Because it was trying to override everything and download at the fastest rate possible but epic games has terrible servers to begin with so forcing faster rates through your provider does nothing when they cant provide anything themselfs.
i have had this issue for a while now but i did not really try to fix it since i rarely downloaded anything from the epic games launcher, however recently i started to use it more and its getting annoying. Whenever i start a download on epic games, the internet stops working on all other devices that are connected, this used to happen when i downloaded files with torrent, but it stopped happening there itself (issue came back every now and then but went when i unplugged the ethernet cable and re plugged, however this doesn't work with the epic games launcher.) i tried allowing the launcher on firewall, the epic games website gave 2 different paths to use and even after doing that the issue remained. I even turned off firewall completely and that didn't work, i tried the ip config release. flush, renew commands and i did a full reset to my laptop. nothing seems to help.
I should also note that all the other devices that disconnect from internet are using a wireless connection, where as my laptop is using a wired connection.
Do you have epic games download rate limited it maybe just using so much band width that not allowing enough access for the wifi devices

Jan 31, 2021
Do you have epic games download rate limited it maybe just using so much band width that not allowing enough access for the wifi devices
hey, thanks for the reply, I am assuming that download throttling is the same thing so I set the limit at 1.5 MB (my average speed on everything else) and after a few minutes now the wifi connections are still working, im still confused on how this fixed it because the launcher was already downloading at a slower speed.

Because it was trying to override everything and download at the fastest rate possible but epic games has terrible servers to begin with so forcing faster rates through your provider does nothing when they cant provide anything themselfs.

Solution