stefkourl

Reputable
Mar 23, 2018
Hello guys! I want to ask you about my problem which appeared like a week ago. So when i start to download some files or things from internet the pc focuses on max download speed which in my case is 23Mbps. My download speed on speedtest site is 200Mbps and Upload 50Mbps. So when i download i have IPTV connected to the same router and it starts to glitch and interrupt so bad . When i download things on multiple devices too . My router is Asus RT-AC1200G+ . I have connected 2 IPTV's to it and a lot of devices with lan cable. The wireless are only the smartphones . This kind of interupting between the devices and glitching bothers me when i have the 200Mbps download speed. What can you suggest me to do? Thank you!

WKIRBY

Reputable
Oct 21, 2015
I would look at a new router that provides more bandwidth and higher speeds. Look at a AC3200. I think that will do everything you want and then some. These days, we have too many gadgets (phones, tablets, computers, tv's and smart home products) pulling bandwidth. Do a little research for the perfect fit. :)

You have to be very careful about units. Download are rated in bytes and speedtest and network speed are rated in bits. 23mbyte is 184mbits. This is very close to your maximum bandwidth it would be very common for it to impact other applications trying to use the internet because there is no bandiwidth left

stefkourl

Reputable
Mar 23, 2018
OK thanks but how do I get like the need of the IPTV and the download not to interrupt because the download sucks TV speed I want to say like get some limit on download to have IPTV not interrupting?

stefkourl

Reputable
Mar 23, 2018
I would look at a new router that provides more bandwidth and higher speeds. Look at a AC3200. I think that will do everything you want and then some. These days, we have too many gadgets (phones, tablets, computers, tv's and smart home products) pulling bandwidth. Do a little research for the perfect fit. :)
I just got that router man.. maybe later i will upgrade but for now i am searching for like other type of solution. Thank you for the answer !

Your router has pretty good QoS but QoS is not really a simple or beginner topic to get setup without some good basic network knowledge.

The simplest method is to configure the download software on the PC to only use say 150mbps which should leave plenty of bandwidth for other applications.

To use QoS on the router you would do something very similar. You would limit traffic coming from the ip of the download pc to some bandwidth limitation.

Reactions: stefkourl