gherv1

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016
Hi guys, I have a problem here :))
I bought from the internet an IP camera, which also has built-in WI-FI, and I can connect to another router with 2.4 ghz, and the camera is online, I can access it from the phone.

Okay, now let me tell you what I want to do.

This camera has ip 192.168.100.100 and the WIFI router of the camera has 192.168.100.1

The main router I connect to is 192.168.0.1

DVR is 192.168.0.100

I activated uPnP, and I did port forwarding (maybe i did something wrong here)
At DMZ I didn't touch anything, it's off.

The outcome? If I connect to the router of the camera, I can access the ip of the main router, and I can also access the ip of the dvr. Conversely it doesn't work, more precisely if I only connect to the main router's network, I can't access the camera router, but I can access the camera. In DVR I can not find the IP camera, even if I put it manually, it is not detected.

In this sense, the connection goes.
CameraIP + WIFI-> main network-> DVR
The opposite doesn't work.

A tip, advice, something, help please :))

Solution
It is your standard dual router problem. Put the camera ip in DMZ but you must access it via the ip address assigned to the wan port of the second router.

Why do you need 2 routers. Can the camera not connect to your main router wifi, Can you change the ip of the camera to match your main router. If not how hard would it be to change you main router to the ip range the camera requires.
It is your standard dual router problem. Put the camera ip in DMZ but you must access it via the ip address assigned to the wan port of the second router.

Why do you need 2 routers. Can the camera not connect to your main router wifi, Can you change the ip of the camera to match your main router. If not how hard would it be to change you main router to the ip range the camera requires.

Solution