[SOLVED] Is 6 + 2 pin the same as 8 pin

Maverickwizard

Prominent
Sep 12, 2019
I've recently bought a rtx 2060 but annoyingly found out my PSU has not got the right pins 8 pcie.i just want to check if I can use a Aerocool Integrator 600W which has 2 (6+2 pins pcie) leads?

Solution
It's the same, but do NOT use this Aerocool PSU. They are of very poor quality. Not meant for high-end Gaming PCs. There are no separate 8-PIN cables. They all come as a splitter, 6+2 pin power connectors.

I deleted my previous comment though. Double post..
It's the same, but do NOT use this Aerocool PSU. They are of very poor quality. Not meant for high-end Gaming PCs. There are no separate 8-PIN cables. They all come as a splitter, 6+2 pin power connectors.

I deleted my previous comment though. Double post..

Last edited:
Reactions: TJ Hooker
Solution

Maverickwizard

Prominent
Sep 12, 2019
Yes. A 6+2pin can be used as either a 6pin or 8pin PCIE power connector. I would never recommend that PSU however. What is your budget for a psu? Im sure you could do better
I really don't want to spend much but the only other option is a EVGA 600 W1, 80+ but I don't really want to spend 10 pound more than I have to

NOPE. That's again a poor quality PSU. PSU is the MOST important PC component, so don't skimp or cheap on the power supply.. The RTX 2060 is a high-end card, and I wouldn't advice using this VS EVGA model to power this GPU.

PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp.

Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system. Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.

I would recommend you to get the following PSU models and brands. These are high quality units. Look for similar SKUs, assuming these are available in your country, and you can afford them.

SEASONIC PRIME, and Prime Ultra, or FOCUS Plus GOLD, Focus Plus Platinum.

CORSAIR AXi, RMi, RMx 550/650W, SF, HX 2017, HXi.

FSP - Hydro PTM 550/650W.

Cooler Master - MasterWatt Maker MiJ, V series 550/650W.

Antec - High Current Pro, High Current Platinum, Earthwatts Pro Gold, HCG Gold.

Super Flower - Leadex Gold II.

be Quiet! - Dark Power Pro 11, Straight Power 11, Dark Power Pro P10.

EVGA -Supernova.

Last edited:

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
I really don't want to spend much but the only other option is a EVGA 600 W1, 80+ but I don't really want to spend 10 pound more than I have to
Thats the only other option? Are you buying locally or online? If online could you link some stores you can buy from and I will have a look?

From what I can find that EVGA and the Aerocool are both HEC built units with similar specs, they may actually be the same under the hood.

Do what you have to do but the RTX 2060 is not a cheap GPU, I would not be comfortable powering it long term with either of those PSU's.

Maverickwizard

Prominent
Sep 12, 2019
Ok if I got a Corsair 550w bronze plus would that be good ?
NOPE. That's again a poor quality PSU. PSU is the MOST important PC component, so don't skimp or cheap on the power supply.. The RTX 2060 is a high-end card, and I wouldn't advice using this VS model to power this GPU.

PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp.

Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system. Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.

I would recommend you to get the following PSU models and brands. These are high quality units. Look for similar SKUs, assuming these are available in your country, and you can afford them.

SEASONIC PRIME, and Prime Ultra, or FOCUS Plus GOLD, Focus Plus Platinum.

CORSAIR AXi, RMi, RMx 550/650W, SF, HX 2017, HXi.

FSP - Hydro PTM 550/650W.

Cooler Master - MasterWatt Maker MiJ, V series 550/650W.

Antec - High Current Pro, High Current Platinum, Earthwatts Pro Gold, HCG Gold.

Super Flower - Leadex Gold II.

be Quiet! - Dark Power Pro 11, Straight Power 11, Dark Power Pro P10.

EVGA -Supernova.