[SOLVED] Is a 3yr old Win10 bootable usb still good for installing windows?

Dec 31, 2020
I made a win 10 bootable usb with windows media creation tools back in 2018 and was wondering if I could still use it.
I'm wondering if it's outdated or not. I'm intending to install windows 10 on a new machine with the same usb.

Solution
you'll want to make a new one that is current. a couple months old is fine but a couple years old and it won't work anymore. win 10 releases expire after a while and most likely the one on the stick is expired.

it may still load but will update itself over the web before anything else. this takes longer than just making a new usb drive through the media creation tool. it will save you some time and grief for sure.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you'll want to make a new one that is current. a couple months old is fine but a couple years old and it won't work anymore. win 10 releases expire after a while and most likely the one on the stick is expired.

it may still load but will update itself over the web before anything else. this takes longer than just making a new usb drive through the media creation tool. it will save you some time and grief for sure.

Reactions: EgoBanana
Solution

TRENDING THREADS