[SOLVED] is a EVGA 600w psu enough for a gtx 780 in sli?

Mar 1, 2022
hello in my pc i currenty have:
amd fx 8350
16gb ddr3 1600mhz
gtx 780 (soon to be sli)
450w psu(soon to be 600)

i was wondering if 600w would cut it? (for sli)

yeah thats the problem i have already bought the sli bridge so might aswell
? The Sli bridge should have come with the motherboard if it supported Sli. What motherboard is it? Unless you are getting the 2nd 780 for nearly nothing it’s a waste of money. Far too many games don’t support it and you the VRAM doesn’t stack so you still only have 3gb (assuming 3gb version of the 780).

Mar 1, 2022
? The Sli bridge should have come with the motherboard if it supported Sli. What motherboard is it? Unless you are getting the 2nd 780 for nearly nothing it’s a waste of money. Far too many games don’t support it and you the VRAM doesn’t stack so you still only have 3gb (assuming 3gb version of the 780).
IV formula somin

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
It would also depend on which exact 600W EVGA PSU you're looking at.

Some EVGA models are good PSUs. Some EVGA models should be called POS rather than PSU.

EDIT: but I concur with @geofelt - SLI and Crossfire are dead technologies. Doesn't scale well, and, sometimes, is actually counterproductive.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Absolutely not a good PSU, for this. I would sell those 780's and get a single faster card. Multi-GPU gaming is dead.
I concur with this. With a 250W TDP rating, a single 780 is a power hog, and performs equal or less than a 1660. Might be on par with a 1650 Super or thereabouts.

Yeah, GPUs are overpriced now, but occasional deals still pop up. Not great deals, but deals nonetheless. That said, honestly, the whole platform is dated. It's a good enough system to do some things, but throwing a second GPU at it isn't going to do much for you, and is not worth the effort.