Question Is a New computer w/ old gpu until new one comes?

Feb 14, 2019
Alright so I am building a new cpu. Have spent over $1,200 on it already. Obviously I need budget money so I am waiting to buy my NEW GPU by march 14th when I get paid.

I have an Old GTX970 laying around. Duhhhh I am excited to boot this thing up and play!!!
Would it be fine to use the old 970 install the drivers then take it out later?
Or is it BEST to just wait until March and boot it up brand new? Will using the old one FIRST take some storage and speed times up and down by using it first and swapping later? Or is this 100% fine?

I do want to do some major tempature tests so maybe it’s best to wait until I have my new gpu in to run those tests all in one rather than doing two with 2 cards. Also gotta benchmark so... what you all think?

Sorry ranted a bit as I am at work running low on time on my lunch/dinner. And also cold fingers! So types this up crappy but quickly! Lol

Feb 14, 2019
You can use the old GTX970 just fine. You can always reinstall everything clean later if you are paranoid.
I mean ya I’d be paranoid just bc it’s brand stinkin’ new and new SSD and hdd! I wanna keep it all clean! Lol had to buy windows too again!

But I mean it won’t make it slow and all right?😂 won’t fill up space and crap..

TRENDING THREADS