Logo09

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2014
KnXg3xz.jpeg

This is a Lenovo G24qe-20, ever since acquiring this monitor (got it roughly 1.5 years ago) I have experienced regular eye strain/blurry vision and light sensitivity. Initially I thought that it was an eye care thing so I've tried everything I can think of to make it work for me, closer placement, further placement, more light/less light in the room, higher and lower brightness, gamma contrast adjustments etc. The eye strain never goes away. I sometimes doesn't happen as regularly but it always comes back. It seems to be caused specifically by this screen, I have no issues with any other screen in any other setting, no issues with phones in the dark, big TVs 2.5 arm lengths away, anything. I'm pretty convinced it HAS to be this monitor considering the light sensitivity and stuff seems to completely go away if I don't spend any time with the monitor. The colors always look "off" to me as well, washed out kind of, I'm also unable to see things in dark spots of games where my friends are able to see fine.

The picture of it is on a black screen test in the dark, taken about a meter away on a brightness setting of only 12 of 100. I was wondering if maybe the bleed is the cause of the eyestrain? Is this an obscene amount of bleed? Just trying to figure out why this monitor in particular seems to give me issues when nothing else does so I know in the future what to watch for.

Logo09

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2014
4CW5ahw.jpeg

And for reference this is my 2nd monitor at roughly the same distance and to my eyes same brightness, I didn't even know it had any bleed until I checked and I've owned it for like 8 years