Question Is It Network issues or my Pc

Sep 13, 2024
For about a year now I have been having issues with my games connecting to online severs. My browsers work completely fine and my internet on my pc never loses connection.
Also I plan on getting a new rig so I need to know if these problems will persist
  • I use powerline adapters
  • PC: I5-9600k, asus tuf 1650, Asrock z390 pro 4
  • I got a new modem with 1gb speed and I get less than 30mb of download, and less than 20mb of upload
  • I have done every network tweak fix I mean every single one
  • I got new Ethernet cords cat 6 or cat 5
  • I reinstalled windows
  • I factory reset my pc
  • I bought a new network card and still get the same problems
  • I troubleshooted my network and It said there wasn't a problem
  • I ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth to see if maybe I had a corrupted file that didn't work
  • I disabled my firewall that didn't work
  • I ran Tracert google.com and request time out popped up after 15 hops and continued for the rest
  • I tried Tracert ww.google.com and request time out popped up after the 1 hop and continued for the rest

lantis3

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015
Anything else will be better than powerline adapters. Even wifi. Only use powerline if you absolutely have no other choices.

Don't think a new rig will solve your problem with online gaming server, it could be just the internet congestion issue. You basically have no control beyond your house.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2024
Anything else will better than powerline adapters. Even wifi. Only use powerline if you absolutely have no other choices.

Don't think a new rig will solve your problem with online gaming server, it could be just the internet congestion issue.
ok Ill do that, Wifi or just plug directly into my wifi box with a 100ft lan cable. And what do you mean by internet congestion?

Sep 13, 2024
Just like you driving a car to the work. You have no control over any traffic congestion / slow response along the way at any point. You & your pc have no knowledge at all before transmitting data packages to the internet.
Thank you I really appreciate your response. But also was just hoping it was a pc problem because I am still getting a new rig. So Ill just get a 200ft cat 6 cable

Reactions: lantis3