[SOLVED] Is it possible to use a speaker as a subwoofer

FastbackNL

Reputable
May 27, 2019
Hello,
I was wondering if i could use my soundbar as a subwoofer. I am using a headset on the moment, so i have no use for it on the moment. I really like the bass of it. I would like to know if it's possible to turn the soundbar into a subwoofer with software. So i can game with my headset on and feel the vibrations. Thanks!

Solution
Well....the soundbar will probably never be as good as a subwoofer.....because it isn't designed as such....but you can use it to get more bass.

They have free....add on....equalizer applications.
Here is a google search for free Windows 10 equalizer apps.

https://www.google.com/search?q=win.....69i57j0l2.5526j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

The thing is.....if you boost the bass with one of these apps....I think it would also boost the bass in your headphones.
Well....the soundbar will probably never be as good as a subwoofer.....because it isn't designed as such....but you can use it to get more bass.

They have free....add on....equalizer applications.
Here is a google search for free Windows 10 equalizer apps.

https://www.google.com/search?q=win.....69i57j0l2.5526j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

The thing is.....if you boost the bass with one of these apps....I think it would also boost the bass in your headphones.

Solution
Hello,
I was wondering if i could use my soundbar as a subwoofer. I am using a headset on the moment, so i have no use for it on the moment. I really like the bass of it. I would like to know if it's possible to turn the soundbar into a subwoofer with software. So i can game with my headset on and feel the vibrations. Thanks!

Your headphones are almost certainly going to be able to produce lower frequencies than your soundbar unless it also has a good sub attached to it.

FastbackNL

Reputable
May 27, 2019
Thanks for all the replies. This really helped me out a lot. But i think the simple answer is no. Maybe i am going to buy a subwoofer soobn. Just thought that they had a software for it. So they can kill the sound and only use the bass. Thanks yall!!

Sep 13, 2020
Thanks for all the replies. This really helped me out a lot. But i think the simple answer is no. Maybe i am going to buy a subwoofer soobn. Just thought that they had a software for it. So they can kill the sound and only use the bass. Thanks yall!!
Find goodwill stores around you keep checking them weekly . You will find a sub for cheap.

Reactions: FastbackNL