[SOLVED] Is it safe to plug my computer into a rusty/corroded 3 prong wall adapter?

SCtheLegend17

Reputable
Dec 6, 2016
I'm kind of a noob at all this electric stuff, so I bought some new speakers and I had reconfigure the way I plugged my things in. Basically, I got a power strip (15A 120V) that has one pc, 2 monitors and some speakers. While the other slot on the wall has a pretty old wall adapter (15A ,120V, something about 600J so maybe a surge protector/suppressor) kinda like this one.
However, there is some rust/corrosion or something on the prongs, so I was wondering if it is safe to have a computer and a nintendo switch dock plugged into that wall adapter.
The rust/corrosion on the wall adapter prongs are orange-brown-red, like this one, but not completely covered in it.

Anyway, thanks so much to anyone who can help.

Solution
Having been on far too many fire saftey courses for work the fireman always talks about fires being started by substandard electrical outlets/strips. I am always catious with such things, if I suspect there is something wrong I will replace straight away.

SCtheLegend17

Reputable
Dec 6, 2016
Having been on far too many fire safety courses for work the fireman always talks about fires being started by substandard electrical outlets/strips. I am always cautious with such things, if I suspect there is something wrong I will replace straight away.

Why would you do such a thing? Just replace it.

Oh alright thanks so much for replying. I might replace it soon, and use it temporarily for the meanwhile, Thanks guys.

TRENDING THREADS