zainpk60

Commendable
Jul 24, 2018
I am building a computer system and I calculated the watts my pc will use using those power supply calculators. It shows my usage is around 550 watts and recommended to get a 600w supply. Howwver I am confused as to should I get the Evga G3 650w which is £80 or Evga G3 750w which is £101 or G2 750w for £112?

Fire&Cold

Reputable
Sep 6, 2019
You forgot the most important stuff, pc specs. You will be good with either one, both, G3&G2 are quality psus which will last you long. I would say if you plan to use a single-gpu and overclock the cpu&gpu, 650w should be enough.

zainpk60

Commendable
Jul 24, 2018
You forgot the most important stuff, pc specs. You will be good with either one, both, G3&G2 are quality psus which will last you long. I would say if you plan to use a single-gpu and overclock the cpu&gpu, 650w should be enough.

Yh I will only use one gpu which is 1080 ti and I wont overclock it because I am getting i7 9700. I was just curious to know if it is worth to pay extra to get that 10 year warranty or I am happy with 7 year warranty as well.

Yh I will only use one gpu which is 1080 ti and I wont overclock it because I am getting i7 9700. I was just curious to know if it is worth to pay extra to get that 10 year warranty or I am happy with 7 year warranty as well.

I don't think so. If your psu broke down after 9 years, would you really RMA it? In my experience, RMA's are very rare after a few years.

I'm not saying I wouldn't consider the extra warranty, but I wouldn't pay extra for it either.

zainpk60

Commendable
Jul 24, 2018
I don't think so. If your psu broke down after 9 years, would you really RMA it? In my experience, RMA's are very rare after a few years.

I'm not saying I wouldn't consider the extra warranty, but I wouldn't pay extra for it either.

I just checked and now the price for G3 650w has gone up to £90 and the G3 750 is £101. I think I would buy the 750w because its only a £10 difference.

Another way of thinking is this....A company builds a product using quality components, and is confident that it will last 10 years, so they put a 10 year warranty on it. Any less warranty, and you see that the company has used lesser quality components. What quality of components do YOU want in your computer? Quality, or less quality?

Also, the G2 line is a bit better of a PSU. The G3's have some issues.

zainpk60

Commendable
Jul 24, 2018
Another way of thinking is this....A company builds a product using quality components, and is confident that it will last 10 years, so they put a 10 year warranty on it. Any less warranty, and you see that the company has used lesser quality components. What quality of components do YOU want in your computer? Quality, or less quality?

Yh but the G2 prices gone up to £112

zainpk60

Commendable
Jul 24, 2018

I think I might go for G2 for £112 rather then risking for G3. Below are my computer specs

Case: Sahara P35 RGB Mid Tower
Motherboard: Asus Prime Z370 P II
CPU: i7 9700
RAM: Cosair LPX Vengeance 2x8gb 3000mhz
GPU: GTX 1080
Cooler: Noctua NH U12S

Fire&Cold

Reputable
Sep 6, 2019
I think I might go for G2 for £112 rather then risking for G3. Below are my computer specs

Case: Sahara P35 RGB Mid Tower
Motherboard: Asus Prime Z370 P II
CPU: i7 9700
RAM: Cosair LPX Vengeance 2x8gb 3000mhz
GPU: GTX 1080
Cooler: Noctua NH U12S
650w is plenty, get what's fit your budget. Both G3 and G2 are good. And about warranty, you know that you will stay with this psu for 10 years? I mean, the psu is good if it's at least 7 years warranty, more than this is "bonus". Look for Corsair RMx or Seasonic Focus Plus if you want quality psus.

zainpk60

Commendable
Jul 24, 2018
650w is plenty, get what's fit your budget. Both G3 and G2 are good. And about warranty, you know that you will stay with this psu for 10 years? I mean, the psu is good if it's at least 7 years warranty, more than this is "bonus". Look for Corsair RMx or Seasonic Focus Plus if you want quality psus.

Thanks for replying but since Groveling_Wyrm raised a point of g3 having issues so I went to check on that and came across various posts which states to stay away from g3 for now as it has some sort of OTP and OPP protection issues and plus its a tier 2 according to the new updated list. I have seen the reviews for So I am building really good computer and its my first ever so don't want to mess it up. I just checked they all had good and bad reviews on amazon but anyways final decisoin should i go with seasonic focus plus gold 750 because I am just paying extra £5 and getting 750 over 650 or should go with Evga 750 g2 for £112. Whats the customer service like for both.

TRENDING THREADS