[SOLVED] Is my Corsair H115i AIO dead?

seanroyce

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
A couple of months ago, my computer started making a terrible clicking sound and shortly thereafter I started getting BSODs every 1-2 weeks during gaming sessions. I started monitoring my hardware this week and realized my CPU temps are hovering around 85 degrees during gaming and sometimes maxing around 95 degrees.

Using Corsair Link 4, I see that even though my CPU temps are sky high, my AIO temperature is a cool, constant 35-37 degrees. Link is showing that the pump and fan on the H115i are working fine, and not tripping any alarm bells.

I did buy a new NZXT Kraken 63 and will be testing with the new hardware today. But it's been a while since I've had to diagnose failing hardware and I am only a casual hobbiest trying to squeeze out as much FPS performance as I can.

Can anyone weigh in on the problem? Would it help if I posted a video?

Thanks in advance,
Sean

Solution
A couple of months ago, my computer started making a terrible clicking sound and shortly thereafter I started getting BSODs every 1-2 weeks during gaming sessions. I started monitoring my hardware this week and realized my CPU temps are hovering around 85 degrees during gaming and sometimes maxing around 95 degrees.

Using Corsair Link 4, I see that even though my CPU temps are sky high, my AIO temperature is a cool, constant 35-37 degrees. Link is showing that the pump and fan on the H115i are working fine, and not tripping any alarm bells.

I did buy a new NZXT Kraken 63 and will be testing with the new hardware today. But it's been a while since I've had to diagnose failing hardware and I am only a casual hobbiest trying to...

I did buy a new NZXT Kraken 63 and will be testing with the new hardware today. But it's been a while since I've had to diagnose failing hardware and I am only a casual hobbiest trying to squeeze out as much FPS performance as I can.

Can anyone weigh in on the problem? Would it help if I posted a video?

Thanks in advance,
Sean
Did you try to apply new paste ? And yes, pump and it's motor are not coupled mechanically and it's motor can run but pump part not.

Solution

seanroyce

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
Really appreciate the input. Along with the new AIO, I did order thermal paste so I am going to try reapplying that and see whether it just came loose from transportation.

I should have mentioned that I bought this computer second hand off a friend who had to ship it across the country. Despite the most careful packaging, I'm sure it was jossled around, so it's definitely possible the contact was never very good in the first place. My hope is that it is just thermal paste issue because when I feel the tubing, it seems like the pump is running the liquid through.

Would Corsair accept an RMA if I don't have proof of original purchase?