[SOLVED] Is my GPU dead? Crashes with any use, no BSOD or log.

Oct 2, 2020
I can't use my GPU at all. It passes video through to my monitor, but the moment I turn on a game (not necessarily in the start menu but the moment the actual game starts) or start Unreal Engine 4, my PC restarts with no BSOD or crash log, but with an Event 41 with no bugcheckcode. I'm pulling my hair out. I've tried everything. I'm pretty sure my PC doesn't have malware. My CPU has survived every stress test I've done so far, my RAM tests have been successful, I've tried plugging it into different ports, temps are healthy, the PC is pristine without a particle of dust, everything is plugged in properly, I've taken the entire system apart multiple times, and I've completely wiped and reinstalled the GPU drivers several times as well. Nothing shows any indication of a problem except for one thing. Furmark. The moment I click start test on Furmark, the PC crashes and restarts. Within three seconds it's already back on the login screen.

I noticed the problem while using UE4 or gaming. It would occur after 15-20 minutes of doing either of those things initially. But then it started happening sooner and sooner and now it crashes the moment I start UE4 or a game. Although, I tested Minecraft because it was the only not graphically demanding game on my PC and that ran fine.

I took the graphics card out and sure enough, no crashes. Put it back, crashing again.

It seems pretty obvious, but the reason I'm asking is this is the only symptom I've seen. No graphical glitches, not a single one since I got this card in 2016, no other indications of a problem, no loud noises, fans are fine, etc. It seems weird to me that it would go from working perfectly to literally being unable to function at all without a single step in between. Thanks in advance.

System:

• CPU
    Intel Core i7 6700K
  • Motherboard
    MSI Z170A SLI Plus
  • RAM
    G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 48GB 2133 MHz
  • GPU
    EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC
  • PSU
    Seasonic M12II EVO 80 PLUS® Bronze 650W
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

Solution
I can't use my GPU at all. It passes video through to my monitor, but the moment I turn on a game (not necessarily in the start menu but the moment the actual game starts) or start Unreal Engine 4, my PC restarts with no BSOD or crash log, but with an Event 41 with no bugcheckcode. I'm pulling my hair out. I've tried everything. I'm pretty sure my PC doesn't have malware. My CPU has survived every stress test I've done so far, my RAM tests have been successful, I've tried plugging it into different ports, temps are healthy, the PC is pristine without a particle of dust, everything is plugged in properly, I've taken the entire system apart multiple times, and I've completely wiped and reinstalled the GPU drivers several times as...
I can't use my GPU at all. It passes video through to my monitor, but the moment I turn on a game (not necessarily in the start menu but the moment the actual game starts) or start Unreal Engine 4, my PC restarts with no BSOD or crash log, but with an Event 41 with no bugcheckcode. I'm pulling my hair out. I've tried everything. I'm pretty sure my PC doesn't have malware. My CPU has survived every stress test I've done so far, my RAM tests have been successful, I've tried plugging it into different ports, temps are healthy, the PC is pristine without a particle of dust, everything is plugged in properly, I've taken the entire system apart multiple times, and I've completely wiped and reinstalled the GPU drivers several times as well. Nothing shows any indication of a problem except for one thing. Furmark. The moment I click start test on Furmark, the PC crashes and restarts. Within three seconds it's already back on the login screen.

I noticed the problem while using UE4 or gaming. It would occur after 15-20 minutes of doing either of those things initially. But then it started happening sooner and sooner and now it crashes the moment I start UE4 or a game. Although, I tested Minecraft because it was the only not graphically demanding game on my PC and that ran fine.

I took the graphics card out and sure enough, no crashes. Put it back, crashing again.

It seems pretty obvious, but the reason I'm asking is this is the only symptom I've seen. No graphical glitches, not a single one since I got this card in 2016, no other indications of a problem, no loud noises, fans are fine, etc. It seems weird to me that it would go from working perfectly to literally being unable to function at all without a single step in between. Thanks in advance.

System:

• CPU
    Intel Core i7 6700K
  • Motherboard
    MSI Z170A SLI Plus
  • RAM
    G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 48GB 2133 MHz
  • GPU
    EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC
  • PSU
    Seasonic M12II EVO 80 PLUS® Bronze 650W
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
Sudden restarts are more indicative of a power supply problem. The fact that it happens when a load is applied makes me think even more so that it could be the culprit. While I can't be positive it's responsible, the M12II EVO is an older design. It was a good model years ago but not so much by todays standards.

Solution