[SOLVED] Is my GPU (RX 470 Mining Edition) capable of 144hz?

Solution
Technically you should be able to use RX470 with 144Hz up to 1080p resolution via DVI-D to DisplayPort or DVI-D to HDMI adapter. Also monitor must support AMD FreeSync over DisplayPort or HDMI. Although in reality your chances are very slim. You need active adapter for DVI-D conversion to DP or HDMI - passive adapters will not work. Active ones are very rare and expensive. In your case I would not bother about cabling, but would look for a chance to get decent GPU with proper variable frame rate support instead.
Technically you should be able to use RX470 with 144Hz up to 1080p resolution via DVI-D to DisplayPort or DVI-D to HDMI adapter. Also monitor must support AMD FreeSync over DisplayPort or HDMI. Although in reality your chances are very slim. You need active adapter for DVI-D conversion to DP or HDMI - passive adapters will not work. Active ones are very rare and expensive. In your case I would not bother about cabling, but would look for a chance to get decent GPU with proper variable frame rate support instead.

Solution

n8than26

Reputable
Mar 12, 2021
Okay, thank you for the response. I don't really get about Passive and Active adapter.. But, I'm currently using these kind of adapter to my current monitor and it's working properly now.. is that gonna work to my new monitor too?