Question Is my GPU supported by my mobo?

Diesel_.

Prominent
Feb 7, 2021
Hey! I have been facing issues with my mobo, mobo runs, turns on, but when trying to boot from usb or hdd the pc freezes, tried pressing keyboard num led but its freezed too!
I have tried running memtest, but freezed too.

I have seen configs like mine on userbench,
MSI MS-9661 Speedster 2
16GB RAM

And when I add my RX 470 theres a yellow warn mark there!

Freezes could be because its not supported??

2x Opteron 2423HE
MSI-MS9661 K9ND Speedster 2 (SA6B)
16GB Registered ECC RAM
Xilence 700W PSU(new)
MSI RX 470 Armor OC

That is an old motherboard, does the system work normally with onboard video? If not, it's not the video card that's at fault of the boot issues.

You may need to use an older video card in that system, something like an Nvidia 210 is good to use in an older server build like yours.

Diesel_.

Prominent
Feb 7, 2021
That is an old motherboard, does the system work normally with onboard video? If not, it's not the video card that's at fault of the boot issues.

You may need to use an older video card in that system, something like an Nvidia 210 is good to use in an older server build like yours.

Tried with onboard, still freezed! What could be the problem? Maybe RAM isnt compatible with cpu or mobo? It gets recognised tho, RAM: https://www.memory4less.com/micron-4gb-ddr2-pc6400-mt36htf51272py-80ee1

Diesel_.

Prominent
Feb 7, 2021
You may want to put a bit more details here, has this setup ever worked? Systems not booting can be many things, from a bad motherboard to power supply issues, RAM, disk connections faulty, lots of things.
Well it was picked out of a working pc i think, psu is new, i went thru all connections://

Diesel_.

Prominent
Feb 7, 2021
Update: when only one cpu is in socket 1 the pc doesnt boot, ram is in the cpus socket aswell and the cpu gets super hot. I put that cpu in socket 0 then it boots but still freezes.
So what should be the problem??

Last edited: