[SOLVED] Is my Graphics Card Defective?

Nov 23, 2020
I've recently bought an IBuyPower prebuilt pc with an RTX 2060 Super and the day after noticied after installing and running Black ops Cold war the game had these odd horizontal lines flickering on the screen. ( View: http://imgur.com/a/aOTDEkI
) i tried my best to record it to show what im describing, its most noticeable with dark areas in games or colors and dissapears when I restart the pc but reappears when I start up the game again. I've now noticed it in cs go where i didnt notice it before installing cold war. Graphics drivers are up to date and i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers as well as using a different hdmi cable to connect to my monitor. I suspected a refesh rate issue since my monitor is 60hz but everything seems fine. Is my graphics card defective and should I return it? I have 90 days to return it to the retailer I bought it from. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Solution was solved by plugging the pc to another monitor with a native hdmi port. I used a vgi to hdmi adapter which was creating this issue. I don't know much about why it occurs but the solution is solved by using a different display.
Nov 23, 2020
Solution was solved by plugging the pc to another monitor with a native hdmi port. I used a vgi to hdmi adapter which was creating this issue. I don't know much about why it occurs but the solution is solved by using a different display.

Solution

Zapthos

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
Makes sense. I don't think vga supports above 60hz because of its low bandwith, so that's why it didn't work with the adapter.