ClassV

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2016
So I have an intel i5 6600k, and I got it on a warranty from Intel just under a year ago now. I was planning to downsize my PC to a micro ATX for university, and when I booted the system up after transferring to the new motherboard it flickered on quickly and turned back off. I then disassembled the system, leaving only the cpu, power switch, and cpu fan in it, along with the necessary power cables, and it will no longer boot up. I have tried transferring the cpu to my motherboard I was using just before, and also no luck. It is not a power supply issue, as I tested it on an older AMD A10 rig, and it booted up fine with both supplies at my disposal. I have also tried both the new and old cases power switches, to no difference.

Mainly looking for somebody to help me troubleshoot further, or tell me if they can tell it is dead from the info I have provided. I have tested ram and video card as well of course, and not powering on either. I will list al of the parts used below.

MSI B250M BAZOOKA (New MOBO)
AsRock Z270 Pro4 (Old MOBO)
2x4 GB HyperX Kingston Ram
DeepCool Ice Blade CPU Fan
BitFenix Prodigy M mATX Case (New)
DeepCool Dukase (Old)
Corsair CX600 (Old PSU)
Gigabyte B700H Modular power supply (New PSU)
Sapphire RX 480 4GB
5 ThermalTake Riing Fans
WD Blue 1TB
Kingston 120GB SSD

Last October, my CPU had a unique error where I had to contact intel and get it changed through my warranty. At least then it would boot up and I could see, but now I feel it is actually dead. Thanks for the help in advance I will try to reply ASAP, I will be working on it myself as well.

Solution
It's rare for a CPU to suddenly die. I suspect bent pins on the CPU sockets as that is a very common issue and easily done by mistake if you aren't careful.

ClassV

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2016
It's rare for a CPU to suddenly die. I suspect bent pins on the CPU sockets as that is a very common issue and easily done by mistake if you aren't careful.
Agreed that would be weird. I've inspected the pins before and now gone back, and I can't see anything out of the ordinary. going up as close as I can with magnifying lens and a flashlight, and there doesn't seem to anything different with the other pins.