happy4pizza

Prominent
Jul 2, 2020
I have a Corsair CX 750M and regularity use it for gaming. Recently, I have had problems with my computer randomly shutting off, randomly restating, receiving BSODs, and freeing with the off button not working on my case or motherboard unless I hold it for around 15 seconds. These problems occur no matter what I'm doing i.e watching YouTube, on desktop, Googling, etc. but they seem to happen faster when gaming. I decided to use MSI Afterburner monitor to see if anything happens to my CPU and GPU before my computer shuts down and saw the my CPU power under load was 0.9 Watts and I was hitting my voltage limit for my GPU. Is this normal? After that, I maxed out the core voltage and power limit and still hit the voltage limit. Is this a sign of a failing PSU? Below is a screenshot of the MSI monitor.

BSOD: I know most of my BSODs have to do with drivers and memory issues but I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and updated all of my drivers. Also I ran Windows Memory Checker and Memetest86 with one memory card in then both and revived no error. Furthermore, I unplugged all my HDDs except my SSD boot drive, and unplugged all external devices and used different ones.
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Irql_not_less_or_equal
driver_irql_not_less_or_equal
Kernel Security check failure
UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP

Specs:
Intel Core i7-5820
Asus x-99A
Asus STRIX 980 ti
Corsair CX750M 750 Watt 80 PLUS Bronze PSU
Samung 850 EVO SSD 250GB (boot drive, has space)
4 x WD black 1tb hard drive
2 x HyperX FURY 8GB ddr4
Kraken x61

I really want to get to the bottom of this so any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks

Image of in-game CPU Watt and Voltage Limit (Imgur)

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Along with the removing of any overclocks, I suggest performing a CMOS reset and updating the BIOS, as something in the BIOS is most likely causing the voltage and wattage issues with the CPU cause those numbers don't sound right to me, and the BIOS should be handling things better than that if on auto.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Along with the removing of any overclocks, I suggest performing a CMOS reset and updating the BIOS, as something in the BIOS is most likely causing the voltage and wattage issues with the CPU cause those numbers don't sound right to me, and the BIOS should be handling things better than that if on auto.

Solution