Question Is my router limiting connection speed?

Apr 8, 2020
So I upgraded from 120mbs to 250mbs, my main router is connected to a secondary router upstairs, that then connects to my PC, the secondary router is a DIR-815 That supports up to 1200mbs. When I connect the Ethernet cable directly to my PC I reach the desired 250mbs, but when I connect it through the router I only reach 100mbs, all the cables used in this setup are CAT5 that support gigabit connection and I tried changing them but still didn't help. Does someone know a way I could fix this?

kanewolf

Titan
So I upgraded from 120mbs to 250mbs, my main router is connected to a secondary router upstairs, that then connects to my PC, the secondary router is a DIR-815 That supports up to 1200mbs. When I connect the Ethernet cable directly to my PC I reach the desired 250mbs, but when I connect it through the router I only reach 100mbs, all the cables used in this setup are CAT5 that support gigabit connection and I tried changing them but still didn't help. Does someone know a way I could fix this?
Yes, the DIR-815 is limiting your speed. The wired ports on it are 100Mbit. You need something with gigabit ports to support your 250Mbit speeds.

Reactions: SamirD