Status
Not open for further replies.

PcNewbee

Prominent
Jul 21, 2017
Hi, guys. Thanks for your time reading this.

So, I just bought this Kingston A400 ssd (480 gb) to replace my current OS hdd drive like 2 weeks ago. btw, I am using gigabyte H61m-s1 with sata 2.0 port.

From then on, my pc is experiencing freezing and lockup for up to 7 to 12 s. This lockup happened anywhere either in chrome browsing or gaming or UI setting. After the freezing, the pc will just back to normal like nothing has happened. Fortunately, I am able to alt + tab to view the task manager. From what I found, there is nothing disk-intensive program running, all application only using 0.1 mb/s BUT the disk usage is 100% max up ~~

Things I have done so far: reinstalling windows 10 like almost 7X above, disable windows search, superfetch or other services, tweaking regedit (MSI), follow all the ssd optimization guides online (set to AHCI, turn of defrag, enable trim, high performance), using Kingston manager to check the health (found nothing, all good health), update all the drivers with driver booster, reinstall windows on a laptop.

Nothing of the steps above works. So, I slowly believe that my SSD is already have broken...Then I used the HD Tune Pro to benchmark my ssd. I did this benchmarking couple of time in laptop, in pc (safe boot). It all shows the identically trend graph.

Benchmark image: http://
Error scan: http://

From the benchmark pic, it always show the stable at 96gb to 288gb, why is that so?
Can anyone read the graph and give me some suggestion what should I do with this ssd or RMA is the only option?

Dec 21, 2018

I have the exact same SSD as you and been having the exact same problem too. I've also tried everything you've tried and much more but the problem persists, I've started talking to kingston support to see if they can solve the problem or replace my drive. Today I opened the Kingston SSD Manager as per the technician's request to check if there was a firmware update available (I had already done that days before), but this time there is an update called SBFKB1C3, but KSM tells me that i need to attach the SSD as a secondary drive to update the firmware (I'm running Windows on the SSD).
oo6syao.png

As you can see the update kinda addresses the problem we're having. I went to the url the message on the screenshot says, but there isn't anything on firmware updates there.
I'm thinking I'm going to have to install Windows on another drive just to update the firmware to see if it fixes this issue. I'm will to try to update the firmware and come back here with an update.

Have you been able to solve the problem, though? If you have, please, tell me how, I'm losing my goddamn mind with this.

Dec 25, 2018
I too am having the exact SSD and also the exact trouble.
Have tried all the methods as you did.Nothing worked so far.
The SSD manager though shows an update to be available, but does not show the BUTTON (by clicking on which the update process starts).
Please let me know if you find a solution.

Dec 25, 2018
Ow guys, I have the same ssd and have the same lags for 10 seconds and it is my first SSD ever and i bought it a month ago. I tried everything - reinstalling windows, changing some AHCI stuff in windows registry, swithching power cord for sata-molex and back for the normal one and many many other things. One hour ago I opened kingston ssd manager and it showed up with the new firmaware update, I googled the number and found this topic. So I installed this firmware (it didnt erase the data which is good) so Im going to test it for some hours and respond here it this firmware fixes all this buggy stuff which made me a complete mad man since i bought this ssd

Dec 25, 2018
So after 12 hours of playing, surfing the internet and doing other stuff i can say that this firmware finally solver all lags, spikes and sluttering on this SSD. Thank god!!!!
p.s. can it be some king of a new year present from kingston lol?

Dec 25, 2018

Really? I'm relieved to know that. Can you post a screenshot of the benchmark score?

Dec 25, 2018

Well i can't remember exactly but i think this is just a warning message so just click on it and pree the upgrade firmware button on the main window again

Dec 25, 2018

I've tried but nothing is happening.I can't find the upgrade button.

PcNewbee

Prominent
Jul 21, 2017
hi, thanks for all your help, but I have actually return the ssd for exchange of different items... and didn't have the opportunity to try out those method...
Hope others have the same problem can solve it...
anyway if the firmware can only be updated as a secondary drive... they seriously has a hard work to do @@

Status
Not open for further replies.