Question is ryzen 7 3700x and gtx 1050 ti good for streaming and gaming?

ianhuysman

Honorable
Sep 23, 2015
Hi, a Ryzen 3700X is defenitely fast enough for every game out there, also it should not have any issues with streaming at higher resolutions at all.
But if you're not planning to upgrade your GPU or do any heavy workloads like rendering video's, I'd go for a Ryzen 3600.

Jul 19, 2019
It sounds like you want to upgrade your processor and already have a motherboard that it will work in. That tells me you already have a 1st or 2nd generation Ryzen. If that is the case, depending on what you have you may be better off with a new video card or adding some RAM. The 3700x is an excellent choice for a processor but a 1050ti is going to be a huge bottleneck with this processor when it comes to games. Do you have more info on your set up?

Oct 18, 2019
Update: So i bought the CPU and overclocked it to 4.1 Ghz paired it with Gtx 1050 ti OC edition and surprisingly it's working too good i am getting 100+ frames in apex legends on medium settings and streaming is fine too, i will upgrade my Graphics card tho in future.

Update: So i bought the CPU and overclocked it to 4.1 Ghz paired it with Gtx 1050 ti OC edition and surprisingly it's working too good i am getting 100+ frames in apex legends on medium settings and streaming is fine too, i will upgrade my Graphics card tho in future.
You bought 3700x and "overclocked" it to 4.1GHz ??? That's more downclock than overclock. With PBO enabled it's capable of running 4.4GHz on one or two cores and rest of cores at 4.35.

Reactions: EndEffeKt_24