Apr 25, 2020
Hi, I want to know if Seagate or Adata drives are good. I've seen a lot of bad reviews about Seagate having bad build quality, which seems very possible considering the cheap price, and a lot of mixed reviews about Adata SSDs. So, are they any good? I used a Seagate hard drive as my C: from 2015 to a few weeks ago until I shut down my PC by holding the power button and corrupted the OS. Doesn't have any bad sectors. Also asking if Adata's good as I bought a 240 gig SSD after the OS got corrupted. So, are they any good, or did I just get lucky with my HDD not failing?

Solution
Hi, I want to know if Seagate or Adata drives are good. I've seen a lot of bad reviews about Seagate having bad build quality, which seems very possible considering the cheap price, and a lot of mixed reviews about Adata SSDs. So, are they any good? I used a Seagate hard drive as my C: from 2015 to a few weeks ago until I shut down my PC by holding the power button and corrupted the OS. Doesn't have any bad sectors. Also asking if Adata's good as I bought a 240 gig SSD after the OS got corrupted. So, are they any good, or did I just get lucky with my HDD not failing?

Every brand has cheap products which are almost always garbage... but yeah in the recent years Seagate is really failing on almost every level... i would not buy...

Every brand has cheap products which are almost always garbage... but yeah in the recent years Seagate is really failing on almost every level... i would not buy Seagate HDD or SSD.....
A-Data is Reasonably priced brand and they as well have <Mod Edit> products, it depends on the model... so just read reviews exactly for the model you want to buy, but overall i like A-Data....
If you want reliability go with Intel...even their cheap models are good.

Solution