[SOLVED] Is the EVGA 600 W1 (600w) good enough for this system? (NON OC)

Pythonbites

Reputable
Feb 19, 2017
Graphics Card: GMSI GeForce GTX 1060
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x / Wraith Spire no RGB
Mobo: ASUS PRIME B450-PLUS
Case: Aerocool Cylon
RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4

(Keep in mind I am on a budget) Any help would be appreciated thanks! Also I have already got this PSU my bro got it me as a surprise because i told him I'm building a PC.)

Solution
You actually need only 450w or so.
EVGA makes some good units and some not so good.
I think the one you listed may be in the not so good category.
(Sorry I'm pretty clueless about power supplies) So do those not so good parts mean that they will spark out my system?

A cheap PSU will be made of substandard components. It will not have safety and overload protections.
If it fails under load, it can destroy anything it is connected to.
It will deliver advertised power only at room temperatures, not at higher temperatures found when installed in a case.
The wattage will be delivered on the 3 and 5v rails, not on the 12v rails where modern parts
like the CPU and Graphics cards need it. What power is delivered may fluctuate and cause instability
issues that are hard to diagnose.
The fan will need to spin up higher to cool it, making it noisy.
A cheap PSU can become very expensive. Do not buy one.

You and I have no technical expertise to evaluate psu quality.
There are some reviewers like jonnyguru that do.
In the absence of better information, use a list such as this:

Pythonbites

Reputable
Feb 19, 2017
A cheap PSU will be made of substandard components. It will not have safety and overload protections.
If it fails under load, it can destroy anything it is connected to.
It will deliver advertised power only at room temperatures, not at higher temperatures found when installed in a case.
The wattage will be delivered on the 3 and 5v rails, not on the 12v rails where modern parts
like the CPU and Graphics cards need it. What power is delivered may fluctuate and cause instability
issues that are hard to diagnose.
The fan will need to spin up higher to cool it, making it noisy.
A cheap PSU can become very expensive. Do not buy one.

You and I have no technical expertise to evaluate psu quality.
There are some reviewers like jonnyguru that do.
In the absence of better information, use a list such as this:
i have decided not to use this psu, however, on the site it advertises
"Heavy-duty protections, including OVP (Over Voltage Protection), UVP (Under Voltage Protection), OCP (Over Current Protection), OPP (Over Power Protection), SCP (Short Circuit Protection), and OTP (Over Temperature Protection)"
So does any of this mean anything? Like i said I'm still stupid with psus. Thanks