[SOLVED] Is there a difference between 60 FPS in 60Hz monitor vs 75hz and 120hz and 144Hz ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SenatorPC1989

Prominent
Mar 9, 2022
hi
if my pc just run 60 fps in game ,
What is the difference between a 60 and 75 and 120 and 144 Hz monitor?
for example my vga is gtx 1650
and monitor resolution is 1920*1080
my vga cant run more than 60 fps in many game in full hd
So do I need to get a monitor above 60 Hz?

Solution
If you set 60hz on a 144hz, 120hz, 75hz or any other above screen, you'll get a capped 60fps (meaning your fps won't ever go higher than 60fps but it might go lower) while if your pc is capable of more than 60fps and running with a screen able to reach higher hz, you'll still be capped, you can setup the pc's graphics and display system to many different options to suit your needs.

Best practice: No matter the pc's capabilities, set display and gpu to full performance and (Vsync to unlocked), this will result in variable synced fps and by far the best gaming experience across all setups.

Variable synced fps is easily achieved by setting display screen settings to : Vsync always off in gpu settings, and only turned on per...
hi
if my pc just run 60 fps in game ,
What is the difference between a 60 and 75 and 120 and 144 Hz monitor?
for example my vga is gtx 1650
and monitor resolution is 1920*1080
my vga cant run more than 60 fps in many game in full hd
So do I need to get a monitor above 60 Hz?
No and yes I don't know if it the same with newer builds these days or not but I remember hearing something like older machines it was recommend you get a display that is double the hz of your game play I don't know why or what it had to do with anything really. If the game can only push 60 fps. Then you only need a display that at most does 60fps.

Reactions: SenatorPC1989

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
If you set 60hz on a 144hz, 120hz, 75hz or any other above screen, you'll get a capped 60fps (meaning your fps won't ever go higher than 60fps but it might go lower) while if your pc is capable of more than 60fps and running with a screen able to reach higher hz, you'll still be capped, you can setup the pc's graphics and display system to many different options to suit your needs.

Best practice: No matter the pc's capabilities, set display and gpu to full performance and (Vsync to unlocked), this will result in variable synced fps and by far the best gaming experience across all setups.

Variable synced fps is easily achieved by setting display screen settings to : Vsync always off in gpu settings, and only turned on per in game settings simultaneously.

You might find this useful info.

Last edited:
Reactions: white.a.drew
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.