[SOLVED] Is there a way to force AMD RX 570 to play videos that are over 4k resolution?

Arbaaz360

Honorable
Jan 21, 2016
I have AMD RX 570 (NOT 5700) graphics card. If I play any video that is 4k or under, I could see GPU being put to use in the performance tab of device manager. But if I try to play videos that are over 4k such as ones shot on my gopro. It completely hands the responsibility over to the CPU. And since I am still using the lowly i3 6100, it just doesn't play. I believe it has something to do with the licensing of RX 570. But I was wondering if there is a way to play 5.3k videos on my computer without having to upgrade?

Solution
Try using different playback software.

Alternately, see if you can force the IGP enabled on your motherboard and try using Intel QuickSync instead of the GPU. Skylake's IGP is supposed to be able to handle video decode up to 16000x16000.

InvalidError

Titan

Alternately, see if you can force the IGP enabled on your motherboard and try using Intel QuickSync instead of the GPU. Skylake's IGP is supposed to be able to handle video decode up to 16000x16000.

Solution

Arbaaz360

Honorable
Jan 21, 2016

I have tried multiple softwares and it didn't work. I could give enabling IGP on my motherboard a try but I guess first I will have to get a wired keyboard because my wireless keyboard doesn't work in BIOS.