Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakeowar

Honorable
Nov 15, 2014
I'm wondering if Thermaltake is a trust worthy brand because i'm planning on getting one of there PSUs and i'm wondering if i can trust there brand?

Solution
In that case I wouldnt bother replacing it, since its already a part of the build.
Though thermaltake has a slightly bad name, they do make some quality units. Like that one.

I shouldnt be one to talk, I'm running a TR2 700w, one of the worst they have made, simply because it was 20 bucks and I have no money to replace it.

quandao93

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2010

Thermaltake is a quality brand, PSU quality brands ranges between, corsair, thermaltake, rosewell, silverstone, cooler master, antec, ect. Each of them have bad models. Just make sure to read reviews and ratings, before making a purchase..

In that case I wouldnt bother replacing it, since its already a part of the build.
Though thermaltake has a slightly bad name, they do make some quality units. Like that one.

I shouldnt be one to talk, I'm running a TR2 700w, one of the worst they have made, simply because it was 20 bucks and I have no money to replace it.

Solution

Luka_often_called_Sos

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2017
So is Thermaltake TR2 S 700W good or should ill go with Thermaltake TR2 600W Gold...or should i even bother with theese and go with a seasonic 620w model...im asking because im thinkg about playing all of this trough a credit card since its easier...and i found a keuboard that i like in the same shop...and just one more question...is the themaltake going to be enough for todays and future gaming and is it going t be able to power my system in the future upgrades?
my sytem
i5 2500k
xfx rx 470 4gb
H61M-DGS motherboard

JMF50

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
1st, don't buy prebuilt! It used to be that you could buy a decent PC with a decent motherboard that had plenty of room for expansion and upgrading. Instead, the lesson I learned of late, and after much research determined not to make the same mistakes as I did with buying an HP 8200 SFF that didn't have the power or room upgrade or expand as I didn't know what a SFF was anyway, was that I had purchased a brand new POS...again! So I just now got a new case that has room for any big mambo GPU, a new motherboard, I moved my Thermaltake DDR4 ToughRAM that I had already upgraded to, my CPU (i7-8700) originally came with the HP pavilion, my XFX RX-560 4GB GPU which blows away my XFX RX-580 8GB (yes it does too!...go figure!) and bought a new Thermaltake 80-700 watt for all of it. I haven't had a single problem with the TT RAM or PSU and have been happy with my result since. I turned 59 y/o 12/19/20 and made my little car go much faster! That and building my own PC along with plenty of room for growth, made for one of my better B-Days!

Status
Not open for further replies.