[SOLVED] Is this a good build?

Dogxat

Reputable
Apr 18, 2015
Looking for a decent rig is able to play VR and run 4K in the future.

Case: Voyager Black Tempered Glass
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4x8GB) 3200MHz DDR4
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H AM4 4x SATA 6Gb/s
GPU: Palit Geforce RTX 2080 Ti Dual Graphics card 11GB VR ready
HDD: Seagate 2TB Barracuda 7200rpm SATA III 3.5 inch internal
PSU: Cooler Master 600W ATX MasterWatt Lite
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO

This all comes to £1671.74 on freshtechsolutions.co.uk. Is this all compatible? Also, I was wondering if I should hold off on the GPU and just use my current GTX 960 4GB instead until the prices maybe drop?

Thanks

Solution
Those must be some good deals if you're getting a 2080Ti and all the rest at that price. Anyway, the 960 won't be able to keep you at 60FPS+ with VR which could give you headache after a 15 minutes but when you say 'in the future' then I would say hold onto the 960 until the next gen Nvidia cards come out. They are set to release somewhere between mid to late 2020. Either the current cards will drop in price or you can go for the next gen stuff, which will be on 7nm - which will yield much better performance.
Those must be some good deals if you're getting a 2080Ti and all the rest at that price. Anyway, the 960 won't be able to keep you at 60FPS+ with VR which could give you headache after a 15 minutes but when you say 'in the future' then I would say hold onto the 960 until the next gen Nvidia cards come out. They are set to release somewhere between mid to late 2020. Either the current cards will drop in price or you can go for the next gen stuff, which will be on 7nm - which will yield much better performance.

Reactions: Dogxat
Solution