Jun 29, 2019
Hello. I was planning on buying a new PSU. I found a relatively cheap NitroX IT-7600SG 600W. Is it good in quality? Its a modular PSU and has an 80 plus certification.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
I would stay away from Inter-Tech PSUs. 80 plus certification is about efficiency and does not necessarily indicate good design and build quality or good components. Is this here the PSU you're inquiring about?

Also what are you planning to use it with? What are system specs?

That page says it has two 6-pin PCIE power connector/cables (not 6+2 pins). If you plan to use it with a graphics card that requires an 8-pin PCIE connector that's gonna be an issue. I couldn't find specific amperage that the different rails of the PSU can deliver. Good 600W PSUs are usually able to deliver around 45+ amps on the 12V rail. Anything less than that means PSU is low quality and, therefore, unreliable.

This is also somehow shows the manufacturer's lack of faith in their design/implementation. A decent 600W PSU should have 8-pin PCIE output/connectors.

Jun 29, 2019
Honestly, it looks like a budget model of questionable quality. What is your budget for a PSU and what are the specs for the system it needs to power?

I have a budget of around 70-80 dollars. My specs are:

FX 8300 CPU
AMD RX 590 GPU
16GB RAM

Also, what do you think about Super Flower SF-550P14P, a 550W PSU?

Jun 29, 2019
I would stay away from Inter-Tech PSUs. 80 plus certification is about efficiency and does not necessarily indicate good design and build quality or good components. Is this here the PSU you're inquiring about?

Also what are you planning to use it with? What are system specs?

That page says it has two 6-pin PCIE power connector/cables (not 6+2 pins). If you plan to use it with a graphics card that requires an 8-pin PCIE connector that's gonna be an issue. I couldn't find specific amperage that the different rails of the PSU can deliver. Good 600W PSUs are usually able to deliver around 45+ amps on the 12V rail. Anything less than that means PSU is low quality and, therefore, unreliable.

This is also somehow shows the manufacturer's lack of faith in their design/implementation. A decent 600W PSU should have 8-pin PCIE output/connectors.

Yeah, its that PSU.

FX 8300
AMD RX 590
16GB RAM

There is a picture on it, and it says 18A 12V1 and 18A 12V2. I guess that means its 36A on 12V rail.

Also what do you think about Super Flower SF-550P14P 550W PSU?

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Yeah, its that PSU.

FX 8300
AMD RX 590
16GB RAM

There is a picture on it, and it says 18A 12V1 and 18A 12V2. I guess that means its 36A on 12V rail.

Also what do you think about Super Flower SF-550P14P 550W PSU?

That's a 95W CPU and a 225-30W GPU which requires an 8-pin and a 6-pin PCIE power connectors. In some reviews the Rx 590 apparently went as high as around 240W during gaming.

I would get a good quality 550-650W Tier 2 and above PSU. 650W might be a bit higher than you need but having some headroom is not bad when it comes to PSUs.

I wouldn't trust that Inter-Tech with any system actually. Not sure about the quality of that Super Flower, they made some decent models but I'm not sure about this one.

Jun 29, 2019
That's a 95W CPU and a 225-30W GPU which requires an 8-pin and a 6-pin PCIE power connectors. In some reviews the Rx 590 apparently went as high as around 240W during gaming.

I would get a good quality 550-650W Tier 2 and above PSU. 650W might be a bit higher than you need but having some headroom is not bad when it comes to PSUs.

I wouldn't trust that Inter-Tech with any system actually. Not sure about the quality of that Super Flower, they made some decent models but I'm not sure about this one.

What do you think about this PSU: https://www.gigatron.rs/napajanja/antec_napajanje_value_power_serija__vp600p_plus-223002.

Its an 600W standard Antec PSU. It says that the 12V rail has 46A. It also has 2 6+2 Pin PCI-e connectors.

BTW, the site is in Serbian, hope you dont mind.

Here is a link on the official Antec website: https://antec.com/product/power/vp600p-plus.php

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
What do you think about this PSU: https://www.gigatron.rs/napajanja/antec_napajanje_value_power_serija__vp600p_plus-223002.

Its an 600W standard Antec PSU. It says that the 12V rail has 46A. It also has 2 6+2 Pin PCI-e connectors.

BTW, the site is in Serbian, hope you dont mind.

Here is a link on the official Antec website: https://antec.com/product/power/vp600p-plus.php

As said, the Antec is OK and I think the Super Flower should be OK too. Much better than the Inter-Tech for your system/use.

If you look in the Antec specs you see it delivers 46amps on the 12V rail. A 600W PSU that only delivers 18+18 amps on 12V rails (if it really does that under load and at higher temps!) is usually of questionable quality.

Jun 29, 2019
As said, the Antec is OK and I think the Super Flower should be OK too. Much better than the Inter-Tech for your system/use.

If you look in the Antec specs you see it delivers 46amps on the 12V rail. A 600W PSU that only delivers 18+18 amps on 12V rails (if it really does that under load and at higher temps!) is usually of questionable quality.

Ok Im going to buy this Antec one because its newer I think. Also, it has 46 amps on 12V rails, while Super Flower one only has 39A.