Question Is this caused by a virus/malware ?

Aug 2, 2023
Hello! I have reached a plateau in troubleshooting these issues. A few weeks ago after a Windows update I have been unsuccessful at updating or reinstalling my ASRock 6700xt Phantom Graphics card. Keep getting error that windows has taken over the driver.

Well then I discovered that external Graphics card has no output at all, but shows its plugged in.

I noticed that when I restart the computer, there is no splash/ post screen, no display to on board Graphics, and the peripherals do not turn on until about 5 minutes after computer is on and then Graphics will turn on to log on screen.

I have tried so much to access, but I can't even reinstall Windows.

Has anyone ran into this issue? I have more details if needed.

Keep getting error that windows has taken over the driver.
Can you show a screenshot of this error?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

Did you mean something like this?

sddefault.jpg

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech
Aug 2, 2023
Gigabyte z690 Motherboard
I7 12th 12700k
12gb AsRock AMD phantom 6700xt
8gb x 2 corsair vengeance ddr4 3200mhz
Windows 10 Pro latest update

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
That is a very old power supply , time to modernize your power source. THAT PSU doesn't belong with that build. It puts your other components at risk. Very well could be causing your issues.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2023
That is a very old power supply , time to modernize your power source. THAT PSU doesn't belong with that build. It puts your other components at risk. Very well could be causing your issues.
I have never had any issues with this build. At all until an update it seems. This is more like virus activity. Did you reset her symptoms. No bios access.

Aug 2, 2023
I will try that again, but why would I not be able to access bios when first turning on computer? Usually when I power on the device, the keyboard and mouse lights up, the splash screen appears and I'm able to access bios. Instead I have to wait a few minutes before the devices power on, and then windows log on screen appears. Kaspersky cannot find a virus.

Aug 2, 2023
Hello, all I changed the PSU to a 750 Thermaltake and same issue with the delay of devices coming on. Keyboard, Mouse. External Graphics card still not functioning. Might I add again this all happened after an update and possible software download pirated. Kaspersky cannot find anything though.

Aug 2, 2023
So the fans come on to my graphics card, and lights work, but so not output display. It takes about 3 minutes for the keyboard and mouse. To start functioning. It skips the splash screen. I can only access windows after three minutes of pressing the power button and then Computer operates normally. Windows will not allow me to Install graphics card drivers proprietary software. When I install windows from u s b, the computer has to restart and I don't see a screen until I get back up to windows log in. Which seems to me bios virus or malware of some sort.